☞ chapter sechs

———————TO BECOME YOURS!

———————
TO BECOME YOURS!

FANTASIES.

THIRD PERSON.

the night goes by, mackenize falling asleep on johnny's hospital bed, just wanting to have his body in her arms again. she opens her eyes and rubs them, sighing and kissing johnny cheek before getting up and out of the bed.

she stretches, hearing some cracks which cringes her out. i'm not that old jeez! she said to herself then laughs afterwards.

mackenzie looks behind her and watches johnny's body for a quick second before giving him a small smile. she begins to put on her sneakers and yawns, she'll come back at 3 pm. her usual visit time.

she looks at her phone and sees a text from annie, informing mackenzie that she's not able to go and visit johnny today. which mackenzie responds with an "alright, see you later."

mackenzie looks at johnny one last time. it has been four days since johnny's incident and mackenzie's visited him, stayed over night all four days.

she opens the hospital door after putting on hand sanitizer and exits the hospital room, leaving johnny and his sleeping body all alone.

TIME PASS!

after the group all arrived at the police station, the interrogation with each and every one of them had taken a very long time. mackenzie, asher and darius did their best to hold in their tears.

nadia and annie felt guilty for not looking out for him and didn't think twice about how he felt before he had gone home.

the group make a circle in front of the police station, chatting away a little. "i'm gonna go visit the orlando's. lauren said she wanted to give me something, so it's best i go." mackenzie says, exiting the circle.

the all bid her a goodbye before the silence overcomes the remaining four. annie looks at each and one of them. "did any of the dectectives tell you guys if it was on purpose or accident?" annie questions, the rest of them shakes their heads.

at this point, annie feels the goosebumps on her skin. she shivers and looks around them. someone else is listening.

mackenzie places her hands together after ringing the loud doorbell that filled the mansion. mackenzie bites her lip in embarrassment. the orlando's visits have been off with mackenzie's, every time she had gone to visit johnny, his family was never there.

mackenzie worries a little but nadia washed the worry away when she had told her that they visited on the second day.

one of the double doors open, revealing a small blond. "mackenzie!" she opens up her arms and gives mackenzie a hug, standing on her tippy toes.

"i'm so happy to see you, thank you for your time." lauren goes on, making mackenzie smile at her. lauren backs away and allows mackenzie to enter the residence.

mackenzie looks around before fully removing her shoes and placing them on the fancy shelf that mer clearly set up. the house did change, more photos have been placed, some furniture were moved. maybe a new tv. the orlando's have always been wealthy, their father being a principal of an expensive school and their mother be a very successful lawyer.

mackenzie turns her head and follows lauren up the long staircase, how can lauren and the rest of the orlando's get up those stairs and not get tired so easily? do midnight snacks even exist?!

lauren leads mackenzie into johnny's room, lauren groaning as she almost trips on one of johnny's shoes. "this needs a clean up!" lauren says out, rolling her eyes.

of course lauren was upset that her older brother had an car crash, but the orlando's are known to not show much feelings. only when they are genuine. so, lauren's probably hiding all her sadness. not letting anyone show her weak spot, it's upsetting. but it's the orlando's.

lauren leads mackenzie into johnny's walk in closet, turning on the light and sitting down on the shiny, cold wooden floor. mackenzie copies her movements and waits as lauren pulls out a box.

"as one does, i, lauren orlando will go through my older brother's stuff and snoop while he is at the hospital healing. i love him, but i wanna get into his privacy." lauren said proudly. mackenzie giggles at her statement.

the box was dusty, definitely a secret box that johnny had kept from everyone. lauren opens the dusty white box which reveals tons of papers, pictures and a hoodie inside.

mackenzie furrows her eyebrows at the dusty box and all the items inside. lauren turns her body and put the box in front of mackenzie. mackenzie's jaw drops as she realizes the box was all about her and johnny's relationship.

the pictures had been printed out nicely. items that mackenzie had gifted him were fitted inside. she sees one of the watches that mackenzie had given him for valetine's day stores inside.

she takes a deep breath and looks down at the box. "when he wakes up, is it possible you'll give johnny a second chance?" lauren kills the silence and mackenzie's weeping.

mackenzie sadly nods and then pulls out the hoodie, his cologne smell lingering. she looks at it and the lightning strike on it's left.

mackenzie bites her lip and hugs the hoodie tightly. "what's stopping you from going back?" lauren gently asks, that sentence makes mackenzie break down, crying all over the floor and on her jeans.

"i don't know," she shakily responds and looks up at the roof before wiping her tears. "i want him back. and it's as simple as that."

lauren nods her head and silently sits there, letting mackenzie have her moment as for the is the first mackenzie's seen this memory sort of box that johnny had stored all of the items that reminded him of mackenzie.

at this moment, mackenzie realizes she can't hold back anymore. all the images come pouring in, fantasies she had wanted. them getting married, her first child, their child's graduation day. everything she had wanted. and all in those fantasies, johnny was in it.

BEA'S NOTES! 🧸
ok i'm sorry about mackenzie crying so much
i just can't help it
this is the way i want her to handle her loved ones being hurt

word count
(1,042)