☞ chapter dreizehn

———————TO BECOMES YOURS!

———————
TO BECOMES YOURS!

IT'S OKAY.
I'M GAY.

THIRD PERSON.

mackenzie sighs and pout in loneliness. she's been trying to write a novel, first she laughed at that idea but was now getting into it. but could not get any ideas down. she rolls her eyes and checks her phone to see if johnny has texted or not.

he has yet to properly ask her to be his girlfriend and mackenzie's been a little pissy about that too. the lighting of her phone lights up her face and sees no text from johnny sadly. she closes it and her eyes go back to looking at the empty google doc on her macbook.

before she places her laptop aside then hides underneath her covers. "this sucks!" mackenzie yells out, her voice being muffled by her covers.

she hears her door opens and just thinks it's maddie wanting clothes, so she doesn't look up from under her covers. she then hears maddie her on her bed and laying beside her. "what sucks?" maddie says— wait that's a boy's voice!

mackenzie looks up and comes in contact with johnny's face. their face were so close to touching which made mackenzie's cheek burn up. johnny laughs at her and doesn't hesitate to kiss her. mackenzie pulls away after their kiss and johnny grins at the girl.

"you can't just kiss me whenever you want!" mackenzie shrieks out, becoming shy from their kiss. johnny laughs at her and then engulfs her into a hug.

"why can't i?" johnny questions, mackenzie rolling her eyes at him. she lightly pushes him off of her and sits straight up, making johnny confused with her actions.

"is something the matter?" johnny asks another question and crawls through mackenzie's bed and stops behind her.

"theres way too much stuff on my mind." mackenzie whispers as johnny moves her hair out of the way and begins to massage her shoulders.

"just don't talk about ashton," johnny continues to massage her shoulders and mackenzie accidentally lets out a moan, making johnny feel embarrassed.

he stops and mackenzie moves herself to lean on johnny's chest. "just be my girlfriend." johnny looks at her and kisses her once more, mackenzie smiles at him. "fine," mackenzie responds and the two grin at each other.

they collide their lips again and mackenzie smiles into the lip, happy that johnny orlando was finally hers again.

mackenzie sips her coffee and then proceeds to cross her legs. once again, mackenzie was there in her usual booth. finishing up her homework and waiting for mackenzie's shift to end.

johnny was here earlier but he had to go home. the two were both sad that he had to leave but johnny promised that he'll see her later.

so mackenize finishes up her last bit of homework a little lonely and sips her coffee.
"it's been awhile!" a voice says, making mackenzie direct her eyes from her homework to the voice.

"hey mandla!" she smiles at him and he slides inside the booth also. "i haven't seen you here in awhile." mackenzie repeats the same thing he had said in her last part. mandla nods and the two begin to chat about many things.

the two giggle and laugh at many jokes. mackenzie and mandla enjoying each other's company. they bond until mandla tells mackenzie that he had to go.

since maddie's shift was still not over, mackenzie just decided to walk with mandla to his car. so the two exit the café and continue chatting.

"you and johnny are a couple now right?" mandla corrects and mackenzie nods her head. smiling at him.

"yeah, he had asked me a couple days ago. it wasn't super fancy.. but." mackenzie stops herself, becoming all red and remembering how she and johnny became intimate that same night.

mandla laughs at her, knowing what happened afterwards which made mackenzie more embarrassed. she scratches her arms in embarrassment and mandla finishes laughing.

"honestly, i'm glad i met you. you're such a good friend." mandla smiles at the smaller girl in front of her, making mackenzie smile back at him.

mandla opens up his arms, asking for a hug. mackenzie took a step closer but before she could her arm was yanked back and away from darius. she turns her head and sees johnny in front of her. "john?"

mandla gasps and johnny lets out a growl, "what are you doing? he's my friend!" mackenzie pulls away from him and mandla places a hand on her shoulder, attempting to calm her.

"yeah, a friend that's getting too close." johnny pulls on mackenzie's arm again and mackenzie groans.

"guys! calm down, no need to fight. and you guys just got into a relationship right? no need to make it rocky at the start!" mandla butts in, before mackenzie could start arguing with her jealous boyfriend.

the two stop, both furious with each other. "first of all, she's my girlfriend—"

"first of all, i'm gay!" mandla interrupts johnny, who's face becomes red from the embarrassment. mackenzie lets out a loud laugh and mandla gives mackenzie a high five.

"you possessive bitch!" mackenize throws herself at her boyfriend who's still trying to comprehend what mandla has said. he catches mackenzie and the two fall over on the grass.

mackenzie laughs and gets on top of her boyfriend, mandla and mackenzie both still laughing at johnny's jealousy. "but still! don't try anything else, mandla." johnny warns. mandla nods his head and reaches his arm out to help mackenzie and johnny up.

mackenzie grabs his arm and gets up from her position on johnny. while the boy looks up at the sky, feeling stupid and dumb. mackenzie pulls him up and puts him in a sitting position. johnny just sits there, zoning out.

"i'll head out now, bye jenzie!" mandla winks and mackenzie playfully rolls her eyes at him. mandla smiles and then gets inside his car.

mackenzie turns back to johnny and then kisses his cheeks. "come on babe, it's okay to feel dumb." mackenzie teases and johnny snaps out of his zoning out. then tackles mackenzie.

BEA'S NOTES! 🧸
if i were to be in a spelling bee
i'd fail 😎

word count
(1,032)