I. prologue

Aslan's roar rumbled throughout the land.

Narnia was forming, and it was time.

With one flick of his paw, Aslan pulled the dirt from the freshly laid soil. It floated there as if held by invisible strings. He looked up, surveying the world around him. What would come next? It had to be done right...

Then he knew. Water rushed toward him, pulled from several of Narnia's rivers. It twirled around the dirt as if t was a watery vein system.

Next came the fire, drawn from the very deepest and wildest volcanoes. It became the heart and mind of this odd new creation.

Air, from the highest peaks of the Narnian mountains and the deepest depths of Narnia's Valleys.  Breath was forced into the thing as if invisible lungs.

Lastly came the light. This was the hardest part of all. Too much light can become dark, and too little light, well...

The column of sunlight swirled, then separated into two orbs, placing themselves in the top of the dirt.

With one final motion, Aslan formed this plethora of substances into a humanoid form. Settling on the ground, everything became one. Dark dirt became a case of wonderful toffee skin, orbs of light became glistening brown eyes, roots and grass became lovely brown curly hair. Water became blood, air her lungs, fire her heart and mind.

She was finished. Aslan breathed on the young girl, looking to be about five years old. She had a certain glow about her, which he softened because it wouldn't do for her to look so godly in the human's world.

Yes, he was sending her away. It was for the best. Several things in Narnia must happen without her knowing, and she must be raised away from it all.

Lifting the still quiet child onto his back, Aslan walked briskly through the wood. He stopped at the lampost. It was a sickening reminder of what was to come. He walked further into the brush, winding through the trees. Finally, he found it: the entrance to the wardrobe. 

Before he let her go, there was something he must do.

" You will be called Lark. One day, all will know you. I swear it."

The girl silently nodded.

"Secondly, here is the prophecy. Learn it well: When Adam's flesh and Adam's bone sits along with the Heart on the thrones, the evil time shall be over and done."

She nodded again.

"Lastly, five words. Dirt, Water, Fire, Air, Light. They will mean something to you one day."

Suddenly, the girl spoke, as Aslan knew she would.

"A-Aslan...when will I be back?"

"Soon, dear one. Soon."

Lark nodded. "I'm scared," she whispered.

"There is no need for fear, dear one. You will be safe until we meet again. You will not remember this, or me, only what I have told you. I love you, child. Now you must go."

The girl nodded and stepped back through the trees. She landed inside something wooden, surrounded by coats: A wardrobe.

Suddenly, a feeling of deep drowsiness came over her. 

She fell into a deep sleep, but not before these things ran through her head: I am Lark, the Prophecy, Dirt-Water-Fire-Air-Light. 

And it was done.

A/N

Prologue! Did you like it? Tell me in the comments.

I'm really excited about this story!

Thanks again to winifredsmith for inspiring me.

(Don't be a silent reader, tell me what you think!)

See you in the next chapter.

Au Revoir,

Z

[EDIT: I changed the description of what she looked like because I wanted her to be "played" by Amandla Stenberg in my cast. SORRY Y'ALL!]