III. lucy finds a wardrobe

Turned out, exploring wasn't going to happen.

The day was gloomy, and the rain was pouring hard. Lucy was sitting at the window, watching the droplets roll down the pane. Susan sat on the couch, a big dictionary laying open on her lap. Peter sat on the chair across from her, and Edmund and I sat on the floor by the fire.

We were all bored. Susan was trying to encourage us to play some word game, but none of us were having it. I had to admire Peter for trying, though.

"Gas-tro-vas-cu-lar. Come on, guys, Gastrovascular." I groaned.

"Is it French?" I asked dismally. Susan shook her head, sending me a glare.

"Is it Latin?" Peter droned.

"Yes," Susan said tersely, still annoyed by our reactions.

"Is it Latin for 'worst game ever invented?' asked Edmund sarcastically. The older two glared, but I laughed and Lucy giggled as well. Then, she rushed over to Peter.

"Can we play hide and seek? Please?" 

Peter glanced at Susan reproachfully before saying, "But we're already having so much fun."

"Come on Peter please!" whined Lucy, obviously not getting the joke.

"One...Two...Three..." began Peter. Lucy smiled and jumped up, tugging at my hand.

"C'mon Lark! You must know all the best places to hide!"

"Ugh, that's a kid's game!" whined Edmund. I sent him a glare.

"Um, we are kids? Lighten up, Pevensie." I said annoyedly. I had taken to calling him Pevensie when he annoyed me, which turned out to be a lot.

See, Lark? He's a jerk. No reason to think anything else!  I thought to myself as Lucy dragged me out of the room.

"C'mon, Lu. I'll show you my go-to hiding spot." We rushed up to a set of ugly curtains that went back really far. I pulled them aside, and internally groaned. 

Edmund had beat us to it.

"Move over," I grumbled.

"I saw it first! Edmund retorted, tugging the curtains shut.

" 92, 93, 94..." we heard Peter stand up in the next room.

"Quick! He'll find us!" Lucy squealed playfully. I let go of her hand.

"Scatter!"

Lucy and I ran in opposite directions. I ran down the hall little ways and climbed into a suit of armor.

*Time skip like a few seconds*

"99...100!" Peter yelled, "Here I come!"

Suddenly, I heard something open down the hall. Then I heard Lucy's voice.

"I'm back! I'm back, it's alright!"

"Stupid!" I heard Edmund moan.

I listened in to their conversation.

"I'm not sure you two have quite the right idea of the game," chuckled Peter.

"Does that mean I win?" asked Susan, which is when I realized everyone was in there without me. I hurriedly climbed out of the suit of armor and rushed in.

"What happened? What did I miss?" I asked as I stopped in front of the four children. Lucy, to my surprise, rushed over and hugged me, burying her face in my chest. Immediately I looked at Edmund.

"What did you do now?" I asked. Edmund looked really hurt, and I felt guilty.

"Lucy thinks she's found a world inside the wardrobe. A world she called 'Narnia'."

Narnia. A world called Narnia.

Dirt, Water, Fire, Air, Light

The prophecy.

What was happening?

I didn't realize I had blacked out until I felt someone shaking me.

"Lark! Lark, are you alright?" I opened my eyes to see Edmund and Lucy above me. Edmund was still grasping my shoulders. He helped me up, and Lucy immediately bombarded me with questions.

"Are you alright? What just happened? Did you see something? Was it about Narnia?"

"Lucy...Lu! Slow down." I said slowly. I suddenly felt very tired. "I-I can't explain, but..." I turned to Lucy. "I...believe you. About Narnia."

"Lark, that quite enough---" Peter began, but Susan shushed him.

I glared, rather sleepily, at everyone except Lucy. Then, I stumbled, fell, and promptly fell asleep there on the floor.

A/N: CHAPTER 2! YAY! This one was really fun to write. I just wanted to ask, do you think I should move things along with the whole Edmund thing quicker? I mean, I added the bit about the shaking awake, and the thing in the last chapter and I have some ideas for the next chapter...but idk. HELP!

Love you guys!

Au Revoir,

Z