X. quiet

Starting it off with:

Edmund's POV:

It was late, the sun was setting...and I was tied to a tree. Gagged, too.

Brilliant.

I spied the Witch and the dwarf looking at battle plans from across the camp. The gag dug into my cheeks, making me groan.

Then--the pounding of hooves. I looked up to see an advancing group of centaurs, fauns and--

"LARK!" I screamed as she untied me and cut the gag. I was overjoyed to see her.

She was alright. She was okay.

"Hello to you, too." she joked as she helped me up. As soon as I could stand, I hugged her tightly.

"I'm so, so sorry Lark, I---" I began, but she pushed me away, holding up her finger for quiet, giving me a stern look. I looked at the floor, tears threatening to spill.

She was mad...so I can say I was surprised when she suddenly hugged me. If I wasn't mistaken, I felt a few tears fall on my shoulder. When she pulled away, she smiled warmly at me. I could feel the color rise in my cheeks.

"No, Ed---I'm the one who should be apologizing. I shouldn't have yelled at you, or just up and left you guys just like that--but we can discuss this later. I'm glad to have you back--but we have to go."

We walked back to her horse together. Suddenly, a dark-haired boy with a crooked grin raced up to Lark, picked her up, and spun her around. I glared at him.

Wait, what?

"We did it, Jess, we did it!" She looked at me as he set her down as if just remembering that I was there.

"Oh--where are my manners? Ed, this is Jessop. Jessop--Edmund." he smiled at me, extending his hand, I hesitantly took it. 

He narrowed his eyes at me.

"Nice to meet you," he said tersely as we got on Dessa. I sat behind Lark.

"Pleasure."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lark's POV:

Wow. The boys were sure acting weird.

Whatever, right? 

...right?

A few minutes into the ride, Edmund tentatively wrapped his arms around me from behind.

I turned as red as a tomato. I turned to face him, he immediately blushed as red as me.

"What are you doing?" I asked. Edmund pulled his arms way.

"I'm sorry...I-I just...I just thought---" I laughed.

"No. Thank you. I'd probably fall off if you didn't." turning around, I felt Edmund wrap his arms around my waist again.

I smiled nervously, leaning my head on Jessop's back.

...

I didn't realize I had fallen asleep until I was jolted awake by the clamor of the camp. Jessop turned to face me.

"Sleepy, Lark? C'mon, Aslan wants to talk to you two," he spoke. I looked around to see that Edmund had fallen asleep, and had not yet awoken. He began to toss and turn, almost falling of Dessa. I shook him awake.

"Ed? Ed! Edmund!" he awoke with a start and jumped off the horse. I looked at his frightened face.

"Are you alright?" I asked.