XV. this great war; 2

Okay, Okay, I know I said I would focus on Edmund this chapter but TOO BAD! Also over 400 reads I'M GOING TO CRY.

Edmund's POV:

I surveyed the battlefield from my perch among the archers. According to Peter, I 'wasn't supposed to fight' and was just here to signal the army.

Fun.

I watched as the two armies collided, species fighting their kin and others killing old friends. But however many deaths I saw from my perch on this bluff, it wouldn't matter. I was numb with hatred and pain. They had killed two people who meant so much to me. My mentor, my savior, Aslan--my friend, trainer, and...crush, Lark.

Two people, I would never see again. Or, so I thought.

Turning dismally, I saw something through the trees. A flash of gold--was that fur?

A scream pulled me back to the present. Looking down, I saw Peter screaming up at me, no longer on his horse.

"Ed! Edmund! There's too many of them! Get the girls and go home!" I looked from Peter to the army in front of him, to the archers surrounding me. as much as I was scared, as much as I wanted to run away screaming, I couldn't. Because we had to win.

For her.

For both of them.

Peter's not king yet.

With that, I yelled and ran down the hillside into battle.

I engaged in a fight with a minotaur and was perfectly in tune with the fight until I heard a roar.

Wait, what?

Turning around, I quickly spotted two things I thought I would never see again. 

Aslan and half of the army we had lost.

And her.

...

Lark's POV:

I was so surprised I didn't even stop running.

The bracelet just turned me into a lion.

I sighed to my self.

Honestly, I don't even know why things surprise me anymore.

Continuing my run into battle, I started to get a feel for this new situation. I felt faster stronger, just overall better.

This might not be so bad.

The first enemy nearing me was a dwarf holding a small scythe. But I didn't care. I had to find her.

The Witch.

It didn't take me too long to see her.

She was sitting in a chariot pulled by two polar bears. I began to run towards her.

Hey, Y'all! It's time for a little lesson with Lark! Today we will be learning about the pros and cons of turning into a lioness!

Pros: Faster and stronger (yay me)!

Cons: Peripheral vision score--0%

I was so focused on my pursuit of Jadis that I completely ignored the centaur advancing on me.

Until it stabbed me in the gut.

Pain vibrated through me, vision blurring, I couldn't think straight. But I couldn't give up now.

With one last shake of the head, I through my shortsword that I had previously held in my mouth with surprising accuracy towards the witch.

As I fell to the ground, the magic faded and I slowly turned back into myself.

As I laid there on the ground bleeding, the battle moved on, so I was soon alone on the ground.

I can only thank Aslan Peter found me.

"Lark? LARK! Oh my god." he breathed as he knelt beside me and pulled me close.

"For Aslan's sake, Lark, we thought...we all thought that--that you were dead." Peter's breath grew ragged as he hugged tighter.

Unfortunately, I couldn't hide my grimace. 

"Ah, Peter..S-stop."

"What? Lark? What's--oh goodness. Lark, why didn't you say anything?"

I started to laugh but quickly stopped due to a fit of coughing.

"Well, you were sorta going on about how you thought I was dead and stuff and it would've been rude to interrupt, so--"

"Shut up, Lark! You just got stabbed in the stomach and you're talking about being polite?"

I smiled, which quickly faded due to another coughing fit. Swallowing thickly, I turned to Peter again.

"Find Lucy, Peter. She can help...help me." Peter nodded hurriedly.

"Yeah, okay. Okay."

"If...if you can't get to her in time, tell--"

"Lark don't say that--"

"Peter, let me talk. If you can't get to her in time, tell...tell Lucy she was like a sister to me. Tell Susan she was right, about everything." Now Peter was crying. "Tell...tell Ed that I--" I was crying too. "Tell Ed that...that he's not a traitor. Tell him---tell him I really liked him. I did." Peter's eyes grew wide. 

"Okay." despite the pain, I hugged Peter as tight as I could.

"See you soon, Peter." Smiling through his tears, Peter stood up and began to walk away, when I remembered.

"Oh, and Peter?" he turned around quickly.

"Yes?"

"Kill her. Jadis. Kill her." I smiled at Peter as I closed my eyes.

"For me."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I'm such an evil person i'm sorry. The book is not over, never fear. There are at least three chapters left and then a sequel.

See ya next week pals.

Au Revoir,

Z