XI. a question

WARNING: Filler chapter! Unless you want to hear some larkmund action...

Ed's POV:

I sighed as I walked to the training ground. I wasn't sure what to do. So much was happening.

One minute I was actually having a quality conversation with my friend, the next I was training, the next I was about to die, and then I was fine again.

Bloody hell, what WAS THIS?

I figured that training would help me escape the insanity, even for just a minute.

Of course, nothing was ever that easy. As soon as I got to the arena, I saw them.

Jessop and Lark. I felt the blush rise to my cheeks.

Brilliant. Just brilliant. Unfortunately, they--or, rather, he-----spotted me.

"Hey, Eddie! Wanna practice with us?" I groaned.

"Don't call me---"

"Eddie? Why? I honestly think it fits you well." he laughed, but I was not amused.

"Oh, lay off Jessie. It's been a hard couple of days." Lark sighed in exasperation, then smiled at me. There was that blush again. At least she was on my side.

"And why should I, madame?" he put on a haughty face and did a horrid British accent.

"Because I said so. Now stop."

"Sorry, love, don't think I will." he teased.

"Fight me."

"As you wish." Jessop walked swiftly over to her, grabbed her around the waist, and threw her over his shoulder with ease. She shrieked and landed on the ground with a thump. All smiles, she stood.

Only then did she notice that Jessop nor myself was paying attention.

We were too busy glaring at each other.

She stopped mid-giggle. "Uh...I think I'll leave you guys to train." With that, she swiftly made her exit.

I backed up, so we were fighting stance away. An unbearable, uncomfortable, heavy silence fell.

Unfortunately, my big mouth just had to be the one to break it.

"So, it's you and Lark, then?" I blurted out before I could stop myself, like I had subconsciously decided to dig a hole, then realized that there was no way out again.

It took Jessop a few minutes to process what I had said. "Wha--you mean--no! No, of course not! Why would you think that we---that I...we're just really good friends!" his face grew red. I could've bet on Aslan's name that mine was too.

His expression changed in a split second, from embarrassed to playful. He smirked at me.

Here we go, I thought.

"Why are you asking Eddie? Something---" he flicked me on the forehead, "on your mind?"

"N-no...I--I just--"

" Don't 'N-no...I--I just--' me, Edmund. You like her, don't you?"

"No--why would you think I--" A stern look from Jessop told me that ther was no use in lying.

I sighed in defeat. "Yeah. Yeah, I do." Jessop smiled.

"Well, you'll have no trouble from me." I gave him a small smile, then began to walk out of the arena.

The Jessop continued. Six words more. A question that I hadn't really thought about much until then, a question that I wanted to answer but couldn't...not truthfully yet.

"So...are you gonna tell her?"

...

A/N: LATE AGAIN! Sorry, Y'all. I'm gonna try to update again tomorrow or Wednesday to make up for it though!

DRAMA SOLVED! I have some idea of how Edmund could tell Lark...but any ideas would be welcome so PLEASE don't hesitate to make suggestions. (also, did you think I'm gonna bring that Italian back from chapter, like, four? Well, YOU'RE IN LUCK! More Italian coming soon lol!)

As per always, don't forget to comment and vote if you like this chapter! Thank you all for reading!

See ya in the next installment!

Au Revoir,

Z