IV. lark in narnia

I was shaken awake by none other than Lucy Pevensie. I had somehow been placed in my bed after I had passed out.

"What---why am I here?" I asked sleepily. It was now nighttime. 

"Oh, Ed brought you here after you fell asleep. But come one! We've got to go!"

"Go...? Lucy, go where?"

"To Narnia of course! It's real! I want you to meet Mr. Tumnus!" Lucy pulled me out of bed, not even giving me time to change out of my nightgown (A/N: shown below lol)

 Tumnus!" Lucy pulled me out of bed, not even giving me time to change out of my nightgown (A/N: shown below lol)

We padded quietly along and finally ended up at the wardrobe. I climbed inside, and my mind was overwhelmed by two thoughts.

1. This felt too familiar to be true.

2. Edmund brought me to my room. Edmund brought me to my room.

Now, I know, of all things to be thinking at the moment, the second one was a bit...I don't know...irrelevant? But I didn't care. Maybe he wasn't such a jerk after all...

Lucy led me by the hand through the rows of coats. Of course, you would think I expected to feel the back of the wardrobe eventually, but funnily enough, I didn't.

Something about it felt different...I couldn't put my finger on it.

We kept walking until suddenly Lucy stopped.

"Lu...what are you..." I never got to finish my sentence, because just then Lucy nailed me in the chest with a snowball.

A Snowball. Lucy just hit me with a snowball.

I stepped into the open and found myself in a forest.

I was in a forest.

Of course, I did the only sensible thing to do.

I made my own snowball and threw it straight at Lucy.

A full-on snowball fight ensued. We rolled through the snow, ducking and twisting out of each other's reach. 

Rolling on my back through the snow, I ran into something cold and metallic. Turning around, I found myself face to face (or face to metal I guess) with a lamppost.

Suddenly, I remembered.

"A-Aslan, when will I be back?"

"Soon, dear one, soon."

"I'm scared."

"There is no need to fear, dear one. You will be safe until we meet again. You will not remember me, or this, only what I have told you. I love you, child. Now you must go."

Aslan. Who is Aslan?

"What?" I heard Lucy ask. I didn't realize I had said the last part out loud.