Accepted

Isadora's POV

"Violet! Wake up!" I yelled.
"What do you want, Isadora?" She grumbled sleepily.
"For you to wake up and tell me everything about last night!" I huffed quickly. "Has my Dunclet ship finally sailed?"

She sat up in bed. "Dunclet?"
I nodded. "It's the ship name I made up for you and Duncan! So has Dunclet officially sailed?"
She got a twinkle in her eyes. "I could ask you the same thing! Has the Kladora ship officially sailed?"
I blushed, going deep red.
"Anyway, I'll tell you everything that happened, if you tell me everything that happened too!" Violet smiled.
"Fine!" I mumbled. "You first!"

"Well first we went to the restaurant, he pushed in my chair for me, then he said I'm the best and I deserve the world! I denied it but he kept insisting it! Our waitress came and we ordered, then we just ate and talked. After that he took me to the beach, we walked along the ocean hand in hand, we may or may not have kissed a few times! We left, picked up Sunny and came back up here." She explained, going lightning fast. "Your turn now! Tell me every detail!"

"Wow! I didn't know my annoying older brother could be so romantic!" I exclaimed.
"Stop stalling! Come on! Tell me everything!" Violet persisted.

"So we went to the restaurant, ordered food, at and just talked, not much to say there! But then he took me to the library, he had it closed early, just so it would only be him and me! There's a chance we had a heated make out session! Then we read some of my favorite poems by the best poets in the history of poetry! After that we came back here!" I rushed just as quickly as Violet.
"I'd have to say Kladora has definitely sailed!" Violet squealed with delight.
"And I'd have to say Dunclet has definitely sailed!" I basically mirrored her words happily. "Let's get ready for school now!"

***

Duncan's POV

Violet and I were in music with Mr. Nero. He was no longer vice principal but he decided to still work here as the school's music teacher. Which since he was terrible nobody ever learned anything in his mandatory class! Violet and I were sitting in the back of the class barely, if at all, listening.

Buzz! Buzz!

Why is my phone buzzing when I'm at school? The only people who text me are Violet, Isadora, and Klaus, which their all in school now too so they wouldn't be texting me now.

I pull my phone out of my pocket. There was a text from an unknown number, I opened it up and read it silently to myself.

(904) 822-5196:
Hey Duncan! This is Reagan Mayo, I am the person in charge of the Journalism workshop you signed up for in Jacksonville, FL. I'm pleased to inform you that you were accepted into our two week program! Contact me when you receive this to get further details!
~Reagan

I know I am in school, but I had to reply immediately! I couldn't believe I got in!

Duncan:
Hi Reagan! Thank you so much for accepting me! I can't believe this! It means a lot to me!

Reagan:
I'm glad to hear that! The workshop will be from September 16th thru September 29th! Don't worry about missing school, we've already contacted the principal and all your teachers! They agreed to give you credit for the work you do here and dismiss you from the work you miss during the two weeks!
~Reagan

Reagan:
Oh and I almost forgot! Transportation and meals are provided!
~Reagan

Duncan:
Thank you so much! Again!

Reagan:
Of course! I hope to see you there, Duncan! Bye for now!
~Reagan

"What are you smiling about?" Violet asks me as I put my phone away.

My heart sank as a thought came to mind. I would have to leave Violet for two whole weeks! I'd never survive without her!

"Nothing," I frowned.
"What's wrong? You were happy and excited literally just a second ago! And now your down in the dumps!" Violet pressed.

I took a deep breath. I should tell her, right?
"Someone just texted me with an amazing opportunity! But I don't think I'm going to accept!"
Violet looked puzzled. "Why wouldn't you accept it? What's the opportunity?"

"Weeks ago I signed up for a Journalism workshop, it's a two week long program. I just found out I was accepted, but..." I explained, trailing off at the end.
"But you're not going to go because it will only help you for your future? You're not going to go because it will only help you to become a better journalist?" Violet questioned.

I shook my head. "It's not that! I want to go but it's in Florida!"
She looked disappointed at first, but her face brightened after a few seconds. "I think you should go!"
"But I don't want to leave you! I won't get to see you for a whole two weeks!" I protested.
"I know," her shoulders slumped. "But it'll be good for you! And besides what's two weeks when I want to spend a lifetime with you?"

My eyes widened with shock, and she realized what she had just said and looked down blushing.
"It's alright Violet! You're right! What's two weeks if I want to spend a lifetime with you?" I lifted up her head by her chin. "I love you!"
She smiled. "I love you too!" She leaned in for a quick kiss, before Mr. Nero could spot us she pulled away.

"You mean so much to me, Violet!" I whispered. "I meant what I said last night! You really do deserve everything!"
"Would you stop saying that! I'm just another person, I don't deserve everything!" She whisper-yelled.
"If you say so," I joked. "But I'll give you the world anyway," I added when she turned back to Mr. Nero.

Violet's POV:

I was happy for Duncan, I really was, but I couldn't help being disappointed that he was leaving! It's only for two weeks! We'll see each other again! But I won't see him for two weeks! Two whole weeks! That's fourteen days! How will I survive without him? Answer: I won't! Dunclet just sailed and now it has to return to the dock for two weeks!
I laughed to myself, I just used Isadora's ship name for us!

Music class was dismissed, Duncan and I headed to science, where we were joined by Isadora and Klaus. Isadora took her seat next to me, while Klaus took his seat next to Duncan.

I wasn't listening at all to the assignment we were given.
"Violet? What's wrong? Are you okay?" Isadora asked worried.
I gave my head a shake to clear my thoughts. "What?'
"You weren't listening! That's so not like you! What's gotten into you?"
"Nothing," I shrugged. "What are we supposed to be doing?"

Isadora told me the assignment and I began working, but I couldn't keep focus! I kept thinking about Duncan leaving for two weeks!

Word Count: 1186

I know it's a short chapter but since I didn't update in a while I wanted to post a second chapter today! I how you like it!
Comment any mistakes you spot! Let me know how you like it! And if you like it give this story a vote!

You have no idea how much each of your votes means to me! I don't have many but I am so grateful for the few that I do have!