The Painful Past

Isadora's POV:

When I woke up I was still in the arms of my handsome boyfriend who had also fallen asleep at some point.
I gently stood up, careful not to wake him and walked into the kitchen.
1:38 is what the clock read.
Have I really been asleep for that long?

I knew that there was no way I was getting back to sleep now so I grabbed my commonplace book and sat down in the armchair in the very back corner of the living room, turning on the mini lamp in the process.
I just wrote down random things that came to mind:

"I know that my feelings for you are real because I spend more time thinking of you than myself."
"You see, I love you and I don't want to lose you because my life has been better since the day I found you."
"I have written the world's shortest poetry: You."
"It's hard to find someone whom you truly love, much less to find someone who loves you as much. When the chance comes, don't ever let go."

The last thing I wrote was a short poem:

"A million stars up in the sky,
One shines brighter I can't deny.
A love so precious, a love so true,
A love that comes from me to you.
The Angels sing when you are near,
Within your arms I have nothing to fear.
You always know just what to say,
Just talking to you makes my day.
I love you honey with all of my heart,
Together forever and never to part."

(All those quotes and the poem came from Google images. Credit goes to whoever actually spoke or wrote them)

"You sure do love him, don't you?" A voice startled me.
I looked beside me to the left and saw my brother with a slight smirk. "What are you doing up?"
"I could ask you the same thing, but you didn't answer my first question." Duncan replied.
I looked over to Klaus who was still sleeping, before looking back at Duncan. "Yeah, I do."
"I'm happy for you Izzie," he smiled.
"I told you, I prefer Isadora now. Klaus likes it better when I go by Isadora." I answered.
"That may be, but you'll always be Izzie to me."
I just rolled my eyes at him. He sat down on the arm.

"So what'd you write? I only got to see the last poem." He asked.
"Nothing you need to know about!" I said, closing the book.
"Come on, Izzie! What did you write?"
"You should know by now that your begging never works on me," I laughed.
"Fine, I'll just have Violet tell me. I'm sure you'll show her, you show and tell her everything!"
"Not this time, I think this is something that will stay between me and my commonplace book." I stated.
"You sure about that?" He asked just as he swiftly snatched it out of my hands.

All I could do was cross my arms in defeat as he flipped through the pages finding the one that I had just wrote on. He read everything silently to himself before handing it back to me.
"I think I've said this before, but I'm happy for you." He smiled.
"You have and thank you. I'm also happy for you!" I replied. "You're actually going to marry the one you love, who is also my best friend!"
"Just between me and you, Klaus is going to propose to you one day."
I could feel my cheeks burn with embarrassment. "How could you possibly know that?"
"Is it not obvious to you?" He said sarcastically. "We haven't known him for overly long, but we've known him long enough that I can tell that he won't ever look at someone else the way he looks at you."
"What happened to my older, very overprotective brother?" I joked.
"He's still here, just a little less overprotective, besides Klaus is a good guy. And the only guy I'd ever trust with you."

"Thanks Duncan," I whispered.
"But you know if Quigley was here he'd surely kill Klaus!" Duncan stated quietly.
"You always were my favorite between you and Quigley," I smiled up at him.
"Yeah?" He asked and I nodded. "As annoying as he was I still wish he was here."
I sighed deeply. "I miss him too. He was annoying but regardless of that fact he was still our brother. Just imagine the irony, we always wanted him to go away and leave us alone, now he has no other choice to."
We both just sat in silence for a few moments before anyone spoke.
"I should probably get back to bed, and so should you," Duncan whispers. All I could do was nod, I was still thinking about Quigley and if I spoke I would definitely cry.