The Crashing Crusade

Narrator's POV:

"Isadora!" Duncan called.
"I told you! I'm just going to stay here! You have it handled!" Isadora yelled back.
"Isadora, come on! We need you!" Duncan protested.
"You can handle Carmelita without me!"
"Can I come in so I don't have to yell?"

There was a moment of silence until Isadora unlocked and opened her bedroom door. She didn't even look at Duncan before plopping back on her bed.

"Hey," He said gently.
"Hi," she answered emotionlessly.
"Violet and Klaus are waiting for us outside."
"Go join them then. I'm staying here, I'll watch Sunny so Mia doesn't have to."
"Izzie, you okay? I know this must be hard for you."
"I'm fine, I'm just not going."
"Izzie?" Duncan questioned skeptically. "Have you forgotten I'm a journalist and I know how to read people, especially my sister and oldest best friend."

Isadora sighed deeply. "I should know by now that I can't lie to you."
"You're right, you should know that by now," Duncan said with a smirk.
Isadora grabbed her nearest pillow and tossed it towards Duncan. "What was that for?" He asked laughing.
"Lightening my mood!" Isadora replied. "Let's go before I change my mind!"

***

The two pairs of siblings had dropped off Sunny to Mia and apologized for asking her to babysit the day after Christmas. Mia insisted that it was fine, but Violet still insisted they do something to pay her back for the help.
They reached the edge of the courtyard and hid behind one of the portable classrooms so no one would see them. When they peaked around the corner they could see Carmelita standing in front of a large group of people.

"Cakesniffers! Why aren't any of you listening to me?" Carmelita yelled.
The large mass of students were mingling about and have their own conversations, no one paying any attention to Carmelita. "Listen up cakesniffers!"

As much as she hates to admit it she lost authority after joining forces with Count Olaf and her parents being killed.
C

armelita was stopping her feet now, it was obvious that she was mad. She stopped yelling and stormed off in the direction the Quagmires and Baudelaires were hiding.

"Why hello, Baudelaires, Quagmires," Carmelita smiled.
"Drop the act," Duncan rolled his eyes.
"Whatever do you mean?" Carmelita responded.
"We won't go into details, but let's just say your be sorry if you bother us again, especially Isadora," Klaus spoke up defensively.
"I won't. I shouldn't waist my energy on you stupid, ugly, cakesniffing orphans." Carmelita spat.

"Carmelita you're the cakesniffer! You're the stupid one! You can't even do your own homework! And you're not as perfect, not as adorable, not anything you think you are! The only thing you are is a bully!" Isadora exploded. "No wonder no one likes you! No wonder why you don't have any friends!"
Carmelita seemed unfazed by Isadora's outburst. "You're so ugly the only friends you have are other orphans, even your boyfriend is a dumb orphan!"
"At least I have friends! At least I have people who actually care about me and my feelings! At least I have someone who doesn't mind hearing how my day was! Someone who doesn't care and will listen to me if I rant about anything for hours!" Isadora shot back.

"Isadora I think we made our point here. I think it's best we leave," Violet reasoned putting a hand on Isadora's shoulder, leading her away from Carmelita.
Carmelita stood frozen in spot, her jaw slightly open, starting in shock at the four walking away.

Word Count: 594

Hey I'm alive! I'm so sorry I didn't get this updated sooner! Here's a bunch of excuses for not writing:

1. I was writing on Saturday when I got asked to babysit my little cousins who are quite a hand full so I can't watch them and write at the same time.
2. I always have tons of things to do on Sunday.
3. I've had a crap load of homework from school.
4. I'm in the process of starting to volunteer at the Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens.
5. I'm studying to get my permit

That's all! Sorry this chapter is also so short! I'll try to write another short chapter to publish tonight or tomorrow, it'll probably be a short fluff chapter! If you have any ideas of fluff that you'd like to see (either Kladora or Dunclet, or sibling-relationship) just comment and let me know!