Thanksgiving Day

Duncan's POV:

"Is the food done yet?" I groaned.
"For the millionth time no. It takes a while for a turkey to cook correctly. Just be patient," Violet replied smiling at me.
"But I'm starving!"
"You are not," she laughed.
"Your laugh is cute but yes I am!"
"You're way too over dramatic." She rolled her eyes.
"We had a very small breakfast like you insisted and I haven't had any other food all day!"
"I'm sorry Duncan, but that's just how my Thanksgiving Day works! You eat a small breakfast, then you don't eat anything else for the rest of the day until dinner is ready and when it's done you sit down with you family and eat until you can't eat any more." She walked over to me and gave me a kiss on the cheek. "Besides it's only four, food should be done in about half an hour."
"Promise?"
"Sure, but you know it's not really up to me if it's done or not. It's either done or needs more time to cook." She laughed again.

I really do love her laugh! Who am I joking, I love everything about her! How on Earth was she so perfect?

"I guess I can wait a little longer as long as I'm spending time with you," I smiled.
"You are so cheesy Duncan!"
"That may be but you know you love me for it." I smirked at her.
She shrugged, a smile still plastered on her face. "Maybe, maybe not."
"It's one of my many charms, you can't deny it."
She rolled her eyes at me again. "You are so full of yourself Duncan Quagmire."

Violet came and sat down on my lap, wrapping her arms around my neck, me grabbing her waist. She leaned in for a passionate, slow kiss, and of course I leaned in as well.

Anytime I kiss her or touch her even if it's just her hand I get a tingling sensation shooting through my body. She's the only girl who ever gave me this feeling. Before I met her I was never really good around girls-always making a fool of myself-but with Violet things are different. I feel more comfortable around her. I really am glad that everything worked out between us after what happened during the workshop! I don't know what I would've done if I didn't have her in my life anymore!

We were still leaned into a kiss when Phoebe pushed her head and two front paws between us, whining.
We both broke apart laughing. Violet left my lap to sit on the floor with Phoebe and wrapped her arms around the puppy's head for a hug.
"See even Phoebe is jealous of me!" I joked.

"I think she just wants a walk outside. Wanna come with us?" She giggled.
"What about the food?" I ask.
"Is that all your thinking about?"
"Yes!"
"It'll be fine, we won't be gone forever, ten minutes at the most. Klaus and Isadora can handle it if something goes wrong anyway. So are you coming or not?"
I shrugged. "I suppose, I wouldn't want you to be alone."

Violet's POV:

Duncan's constant asking when the food would get done was starting to get annoying, but as annoying as he can be he's still as charming as ever. I'm thankful to have in my life!

"Come on then, let's go." I clipped Phoebe's leash on and grabbing Duncan's hand with my free one, the other holding the dog's leash.

We walked down to the small park down the block so Phoebe could do her business, I unclipped her leash since the park was enclosed with a fence and there was no way she was getting out, and the fact that we were the only ones here. Duncan and I sat down on a small bench near by.

"Have you realized that this is our first Thanksgiving together?" Duncan asked, smiling at me.
"I suppose it is." I smiled at him as well.
"What does your family normally do on the holiday?" He asks me.
"Well normally we start the day as we have already done today, small breakfast then no food until dinner. As we eat we always typically tell embarrassing stories of each other from the past year; actually more like the past several years; the same classic stories are always told but every year there are a few new ones!"
"That sounds hilarious! Are you going to tell stories today?"
"I don't know... It may be our first Thanksgiving together, but it's my siblings and I's first Thanksgiving without our parents," I looked down at the ground softly.
"Oh..." He looked down at his lap. "Mine and Isadora's as well."