Everything okay?

Isadora's POV:

I can't believe I trusted Carmelita! I actually thought she changed! God I'm so stupid! Why am I this stupid? I banged my head down on my desk. Shortly after I heard a knock on my door.
"Come in," I mumbled.
"Hey Isadora. Everything okay?" Klaus asked, coming and sitting in Violet's chair beside me.
"Yeah, I'm fine." I mumbled again.
"I don't mean to bother, but are you sure you're alright? You haven't been yourself since we got back from dinner earlier."

I sighed slightly. "You know me too well."
"Isn't that a good thing?" He let out a small laugh before going serious again. "You can tell me, what's upsetting you? Is it about Carmelita's text this morning?"
"First, yes it's a good thing that your such a great boyfriend," I smiled, but it quickly faded into a frown. "And yes. I can't stop thinking about it. How could I have been so stupid?"
A small blush appeared on his checks at my comment about him. "You weren't stupid," he said gently.
"Of course I was! I was too quick to jump to the conclusions that maybe she actually changed and I trusted her! And as always everyone I trust let's me down eventually!" I snapped.

"Hey I didn't let you down, neither did Violet or Sunny and we don't plan to anytime soon!"
"You three are different from her," I reasoned.
"How? What makes us so different from Carmelita?"
"Because you have good in your hearts, Carmelita I can now see doesn't. What's the point your trying to make?"
"You have good in your heart too. You weren't stupid when you thought she could change, you were just doing what you always do, trying to find the good in everyone, even those that have done the most unspeakable things to you."

"But it was my idea to trust her! It was me that actually befriended her! You guys didn't really think she could change! It was just me! I was stupid! I am nothing but stupid!"
"Listen Isadora, don't blame yourself! And don't call yourself stupid! You're one of the smartest people I know, but even the smartest make mistakes." He said. "The reason we all didn't really believe she could change was because we were hoping she didn't. We didn't want to become friends with her if she was going to turn against us. Isadora you were the only one who actually did the right thing, we should have all believed that she could change, maybe she actually would have."
I slowly started nodding, for I was finally understanding what he was talking about. I'm not stupid, I'm just a good person trying to show a little kindness even to someone who never showed me any! I was doing the right things when I believed in her, but one person believing in you isn't always enough. Especially if you've gone your whole life without anyone, so one person wouldn't make as much as an impact.

"Thank you Klaus," I whispered.
"Feel better?" He asked.
"Much! Thanks!" I smiled. I grabbed his hand. "Do you wanna watch Netflix or something?"
"Sure."

To be honest I didn't pay much attention to what was on the TV. Actually I don't even know what we were "watching". I cuddled up with Klaus and quickly fell asleep. I was happy I finally found someone who likes me for me and can calm me down when I get a little upset.

Klaus' POV:

We cuddled up together on the couch, and Isadora fell asleep shortly after starting our first episode. I didn't mind though, I enjoy it when she sleeps in my arms.
Halfway through the second episode, Violet and Duncan come back from wherever they went, not that I'd like to know where they went or what they did.

"Shh," I whispered. "Isadora is asleep."
They both nodded and tiptoed over and joined me on the couch.
"She alright? I can only imagine how hard Carmelita's treachery is on her. Especially what happened the last time." Duncan whispered.
"What happened last time?" I ask confused.
"You mean she didn't tell you?" Duncan asked. I shook my head. "I probably should let her tell you, it isn't my story to tell and she would most definitely kill me if I told someone without her permission. Just be cautious, it's a very personal spot for her."
I nodded.

What was he talking about? He probably knows exactly what he means since he grew up with Isadora, but why had Isadora not mentioned anything to me?

Word Count: 764

Sorry this is such a short chapter! Next one is going to be longer hopefully! That's all I really have to say here, hope you enjoyed it.