Valentine's Day

Violet's POV:

"I'm so excited!" Isadora squealed. "I never actually had someone on Valentine's day before!"
"Neither have I, but that doesn't really matter. Valentine's day is just an ordinary day honestly. It's a day dedicated to someone you love, whether that be a someone special or just a good friend. And if you ask me, everyday should be dedicated to show your love to the people in your life," I answered. "Sorry. That sounded so cheesy!"
"It really did!" Isadora laughed and I soon joined in.

After a couple minutes my phone started ringing, and I picked up after looking at the name.

Violet: You do know you could've waited for Isadora and I for you to talk to me right?
Duncan: I couldn't wait that long.
Violet: Whatever you say.
Duncan: Anyway... Are you free Saturday night? Are you up for a special Valentine's dinner?
Violet: You realize Valentine's day isn't Saturday, it's on the following Thursday?
Duncan: I know, but I was hoping you'd like to go to the school's Valentine's dance on Thursday.
Violet: Okay. I'm totally free both Saturday and Thursday and I'd love to spend both days with you.
Duncan: Great! Also I got you a dress for you to wear!
Violet: Oh really? You picked out a dress?
Duncan: Don't worry, I think you'll like it, and I know it's your size. I might've went into your closet one day and checked.
Violet: Alright, I'm excited to see it.
Duncan: You don't get to see it till Saturday.
Violet: Why are you going to do this to me?
Duncan: Because you need to learn a little patience.
Violet: What even is patience?
Duncan: You can complain all you want, sweetheart. But I'm not gonna bend. Anyway Klaus and I got you and Isadora dinner. We'll meet you at the dorm.
Violet: Thanks! What you get me?
Duncan: You're favorite obviously!
Violet: I love you!
Duncan: Love you too!
Isadora(in the background): Love you too Duncan.

I hung up. "Really Isadora?"
"What?" She asked laughing.
I just rolled my eyes as we exited the bathroom.

Narrator's POV:
Saturday.

Not only did Duncan get Violet a dress for tonight, but Klaus also got a dress for Isadora and also set up a special date.
"Can we please see the dresses now?" Violet begged.
"Please? It's Saturday!" Isadora joined in.
"We told you both that you'll be able to see them tonight, not at..." Duncan said looking at his watch. "Not at 10 in the morning."
"You should let us see them now, that way in case we don't like them we can pick out a backup," Isadora complained.
"Do you not have any trust in us?" Duncan asked faking a hurt look.
"No offense Duncan, but boys typically can't pick out dresses," Violet stated.
"Yeah, but these ones you'll like and you're going to have to wait," Duncan said.

The four argued, mainly just Violet, Isadora and Duncan, Klaus only added a comment here and there.
"Why don't we play a game or something?" Klaus suggested. "It's obvious that Duncan is not going to let up and the arguing is kinda getting annoying."
"Fine," Isadora acquiesced. "Truth or Dare?"
Everyone agreed.

"Violet, truth or dare?" Isadora started.
"Truth," Violet replied flatly.
"What was your first impression of Duncan?" Isadora asked.
Violet's face went a deep shade of red as she blushed. "I... I um... The first time I saw him I thought he was cute. And once he stood up to Carmelita the way he did I thought he was freaking hot!"
(Only she didn't say freaking. I'm trying to be considerate to those who might not be comfortable with cuss words. I only cuss a minimal amount and I've been trying to exclude it from my writing for I understand not everyone is comfortable with it. Let me know if you are uncomfortable. If no one responds I'll be integrating some into my writing, just thought I'd let you know)