The Perfect Gifts

Narrator's POV: A Week before Christmas

"I think we should do secret Santa!" Isadora piped.
"Isadora there is only four of us, it wouldn't be all that fun." Duncan stated.
"Not true. There's Carmelita and Lilly." Isadora fought back.

The two groups of siblings had become good friends with both Carmelita and Lily- even though Duncan was still angry with Lilly he tolerated her. "Alright, go get a hat and a sheet of paper," Duncan instructed. "I'll text Carmelita and Lilly just to make sure they are in." Violet added. After a few minutes they both replied back that they were completely for the idea of secret Santa and were on their way to the dorm to pull a name.

"Now that everyone is here who wants to pick a name first?" Isadora asked once Carmelita and Lilly arrived. "I'll go first," Lilly said. Isadora reached the hat out to Lilly and Lilly grabbed a small, folded piece of paper. "Don't open it until we all grabbed a name!" Violet added. Klaus picked next, then Violet, then Carmelita, then Duncan and lastly Isadora. "Okay everyone! Open them!" Isadora exclaimed.

Lilly: Violet
Klaus: Carmelita
Violet: Lilly
Carmelita: Isadora
Duncan: Klaus
Isadora: Duncan

Isadora's POV:

I got Duncan! This shouldn't be hard! I already know exactly what I should get my brother.

"Violet, I know we shouldn't know who got who. But can I just ask did you get me?" I asked.
"No I didn't," She replied.
"Great! Do you want to go shopping with me?"
"Of course! Let me go grab my purse, I'll grab yours while I'm in there."
"Thanks!"

We left for the store and we were there in no time. "Alright we can split up from here. Get enough gifts for one per day for the next week. We can meet back up here."
Violet nodded and we both went in different directions. It only took me about twenty minutes to get everything I wanted. An ugly Christmas sweater with a dog for the first day, a $20 gift card for the second day, a Roku stick for the tv which he has been wanting for a while now so he can stay up all night watching Netflix for the last day, for the third and fourth day I'm going to get him two different gift cards to two of his favorite places to eat which I can't get them here at the store at the moment, once Violet is ready to leave I can get those. I also got Duncan a couple small bags of candy for the days that will only be a gift card.

Violet had already finished and made her purchase by the time I reached the cash registers. I quickly paid for everything and she came with me to the restaurants.
"Let me guess. You have Duncan?"
"How'd you know?"
"It's kind of obvious, he loves eating here. In fact this is where we had our first date."
"That's amazing! I didn't know that!"
"It was amazing! Duncan is an absolutely great guy!"
"That's because he grew up with me." I joked. "Anyway, so when's the wedding?"
"Isadora we went over this! We have both agreed that we weren't going to get married until after we finish school. Which is still a while from now!" Violet rolled her eyes.

"But don't you think you should start making plans?" I teased. "What kind of dress do you want? What kind of flowers? What month do you want the wedding in? Any specific day come in mind? Where do you want the wedding to be at?"
"Slow your roll! You are getting way ahead of yourself and us!"
"Violet I'm only teasing."
"I know."
"I'm glad Duncan found someone like you! He needed it! His whole life he felt like he was competing in the shadow of Quigley. You've shown him so much love and that someone would chose him. Sure you never met Quigley but it still means a lot to Duncan," I told her.

"What was Quigley like? I know you both must miss, I would be devastated if I ever lost Klaus or Sunny."
"We miss him dearly, even though he was quite annoying, but he was still our brother and it's not the same without him. Quigley always liked to joke about everything and anytime. He didn't care if it was not the right time, that was one reason we found him annoying. He was always a fancy for the girls at school, everyone seemed to like him, and Duncan kind of felt like Quigley was doing it on purpose. Then Quigley would tease Duncan by saying things like 'Duncan will never get a girlfriend because Quigley was so much better.'" I explained. "Quigley knew his priorities though. No matter what he was always there for us when we needed him, and we were always there when he needed us. Quigley was a good brother when it came to times that really mattered and that's really all you can ask for in a brother." A few tears escaped my eyes.

Violet stepped closer and engulfed me in a hug. "Sorry Isadora, I didn't mean to make you cry."
"No, Violet. It's alright, I needed to let it out. I don't really like to show my pain," I sniffled. "I just feel so comfortable when I'm around you and Klaus that I feel like it's okay to show what I'm truly feeling instead of faking a smile."
"Of course Isadora! Anytime! Please don't hide your feelings, it isn't healthy. Klaus and I won't mind you telling and opening up to us at any moment you need to. Come on, let's get back to the dorm."
I had no words so instead I just nodded, and together we went back to Prufrock.

The Day Before Christmas

Narrator's POV:

Everyone enjoyed the week of Secret Santa and finally finding out who their Secret Santa was, but now everyone is beyond excited for it was Christmas Eve.

"Isadora, Violet could you come out here for a minute? Duncan and I have something we want to give you," Klaus called.
"You do know Secret Santa is over? And the rest of gift giving is supposed to wait until tomorrow?" Isadora questioned.
"We know. We just wanted to give you a little something not in front of Lilly and Carmelita. Is that alright?" Duncan joined in the conversation.

Both Violet and Isadora nodded, and took a seat next to each other on the couch. Duncan and Klaus both reached into their jacket pocket and pulled out a small box wrapped in beautiful gold wrapping paper.
"Merry Christmas!" They said in sync handing the girls the presents.
"Eve," Isadora corrected.
"Eve." Duncan laughed. "Just open the presents you two."

Violet and Isadora carefully unwrapped the tiny box. At the exact time they gasped at the sight.
Inside each of the boxes was a beautiful gold bracelet with sapphires all around. On the inside of Violet's bracelet was the engraving D.Q.+V.B. and on the inside of Isadora's bracelet was the engraving K.B.+I.Q.

"Do you like them?" Duncan asked biting his lip.
"They're the perfect gifts! We love them!" Isadora and Violet responded.
Violet engulfed Duncan in a hug while Isadora did the same to Klaus.

Word Count: 1218

I know this is a really short chapter, sorry about that! Even though school is out for winter break I've still been busy!
I actually wanted to get this out last night but I went ice skating for the first time ever! I only fell 3 times, I'm so proud of myself! Anyway when I got home I just went straight to bed.

Do you guys prefer shorter chapters or longer ones?
I know that I keep saying I'm going to update weekly and for the last two chapters you guys had to wait like to weeks each. Sorry. I'm trying to work on getting better at time management.

Did y'all have a great Christmas? What did you get?
I got the entire book series of The Series of Unfortunate Events! I've read the books before but I got them from the library and now I own them! I'm so excited to re-read them all!

Sorry about the long note.