Journalist Workshop: Day 4

Duncan's POV:

I didn't get much sleep. I was too angry and upset to sleep. I call Isadora in the morning.

Duncan: Hey. Isadora?
Isadora: Yeah, what's up?
Duncan: I found out who did it. Can you ask Violet to at least hear me through so I can explain everything to her?
Isadora: Of course!

I heard Isadora mumbled something to Violet and Violet screaming a no!

Isadora: I'm sorry, she doesn't want to talk to you, she doesn't even want to hear your name ever again!
Duncan: Could you put the phone on speaker and have it in the same room as Violet, so I can at least try to speak with her? She needs to know it wasn't me that broke up with her and if she's willing I want to get back together!
Isadora: Sure thing! I'll place it on my bed, and leave the room so you two can have some privacy!
Duncan: Thanks, Isadora.

I could hear her walking to another room.

Violet's POV:

Isadora came into our room.
"Hey," I said, as I was petting Phoebe.
"Hi. How's Phoebe doing in her new home?" She asks.
"She's great!" I beamed.
"That's good! I just came in to get my homework, I wanted to get a head start on it."

Isadora walked over to her dresser next to her bed. She grabbed a piece of paper and laid down her phone.
"Aren't you going to take your phone?" I asked confused.
She shook her head. "No, I don't need it. I'll come to get it later."
She walked out of the room and shut the door.

Duncan: Violet? I know you don't want to talk with me, but just hear me out! Please!

Duncan? That's why Isadora left her phone in here! I told her I didn't want to speak with him!
I just pulled Phoebe into my lap as he continued speaking.

Duncan: I'm not really sure where to start, but it wasn't me who broke up with you! And yes I know that sounds like the lamest excuse ever, but its true! Turns out that my partner had a crush on me and got jealous enough that her sister came up with a plan to split us up! And I can't believe that this happened! Knowing that you were hurt killed me inside and out! Violet? Can you hear me?

I stayed silent.

Duncan: If you're there I want you to know that I love you! I always will! I don't know what I'll do without you! I love you, Violet Baudelaire!

My eyes teared up and I couldn't keep silent any longer. I walked over to Isadora's phone and picked it up to hold it in my hand.

Violet: I love you too! I always will! Was it really not you?
Duncan: VIOLET! I'M SO GLAD YOU HEARD ME AND ANSWERED! YES! IT REALLY WASN'T ME! I WOULD NEVER DO THAT TO YOU! VIOLET YOU ARE MY SOULMATE! I LOVE YOU! YOU ARE THE BEST!
Violet: I thought we've been over this! I'm not the best!
Duncan: Does that mean you forgive me?
Violet: I believe it wasn't you! So there's no reason to be mad at you or forgive you! You didn't do anything wrong!
Duncan: I love you! I can't say it enough! I love you, so much!
Violet: I love you too!
Duncan: Are we dating again?
Violet: I love you! Of course!
Duncan: I'm glad! I don't think I'd be able to live without you!
Violet: I didn't think I'd survive without you! Duncan?
Duncan: Yeah?
Violet: I love you so damn much, Duncan Quagmire!
Duncan: I love you so damn much, Violet Baudelaire!
Violet: I have to go to class! Oh did you know we got a puppy?
Duncan: Yeah, Isadora told me! I can't wait to meet...
Violet: Phoebe
Duncan: I can't wait to meet Phoebe. And I can't wait to see you again! But for now, I have to go. I love you!
Violet: Bye! I love you too!