Ch. 16 - Pissed as hell.

Werewolf genes 😊

---------------------------------

ZED'S flashback.

few hours ago...

"Dad, I need the medical records of a certain Pink Collins."

His brows furrowed. Clearly indicates that he's not pleased with what I asked. But it's the least of my concern at this moment.

"Why the sudden interest?"

I cleared my throat. Boy, this is going to be a long talk. "Okay, don't make it sound absurd, dad. I just need to clarify some details."

His arms crossed. "What is there to clarify?"

"About her well being, dad. Her health!"

"Yes, so?"

"She fainted! I brought her to the pack doctor. I noticed vruises all over her dad. B R U I S E S !  I need to know where she got those. It's our duty to protect a pack member!"

"Duty? Yes, I agree with you but as a pack member? Son, she isn't one of us." he hissed.

I adjusted my stance. What the hell?!

"Why isn't she one of us? She have served us for------

"Five years, almost, yes? So?"

I blinked my eyes. "What are you talking about?"

"She's still a rogue, Zed. She doesn't even deserve a name. She must be thankful I address her by her last name."

Zac is not pleased with what we heard. Our mate?! Almost 5 years of serving, still a rogue?!

"Is she even aware of this?!" I seethed.

He shrugs. "I don't see a reason why I should bother myself for her."

"Bother?! Haven't she served us enough already?"

"In return, I gave her shelter and food. Trade wise, don't you think?" His face is still emotionless.

"I can't believe you, dad. I thought you're better than this! Fine! At least give me what I came her for!"

A knock is heard. Our beta entered.

He turned to me.

"I am. So please, if that's all there is to talk about, feel free to excuse yourself. I've got lots of important things to do than to talk about her life story."

"We're not done." I stormed of the room, feeling pissed as hell.