Ch. 26 - Stood

Keep reading @ Please vote😇

---------------------------

ZED'S POV

After the last "Talk" I have with dad, I feel a little overprotective when it comes to Pink. I guess, after what I found out, my instincts of protecting her always surfaces.

I don't think she know shit about her being still not an official pack member. My blood quickly boils.

Dad...

How could he say such? I know he isn't the best man walking on earth but how come he let things go this far?

Pink's father might refuse to be our ally but he didn't do anything that upsets the pack. And he made Pink pay all of the things he thinks her father owes him.

Beta Allen, our beta, is the first person who popped in my mind.

'Zac, do you think Beta Allen will tell us what we need to know?'

'I don't know. Its wise to try..."

'Why is she still a rogue?

'I think your father holds grudges against her. I don't know. Its a wild guess but one thing is for sure, something is off.'

I nodded in agreement. 'There sure is, how am I going to approach beta Allen?'

'I guess being truthful is what we need. This situation is highly confidential and way too risky, if we want Allen to help us, then he deserves to know what's pushing us to investigate. He's like a second father to you, he's also a man and a family man, I guess telling him she's your mate will give us the information we need.'

I blinked. He's damn right. Feeling unable to form any words, I just sighed. Zac went to the back of my mind.

I looked at the ceiling. Feeling emotionally helpless. Now, I have come to realize that it is way too hard to fight the mate pull.

Spending time with Pink lately make me realize one thing, I'm not contented having her ad my kept mate. I don't want to live happily in discreet anymore.

I don't know how others manage to reject their mates and in my parent's case, kill them.

I brushed my palms on my face. Pink's smiling face haunts me.

I know dad will be disappointed once he knows who my mate is. A rogue, a help ..

I don't have the heart to say it to her face. I don't have the courage to tell her the truth.

My heart aches for her. I could feel Zac whimpers. Even my beast is suffering from the pain.

Pink Collins...

I need to know the problem. So I stood.

I need to find the only person who can help me...

The only person who can enlighten me...

Beta Allen...