Part 6-Unexpected Visit+ The Awkward Talk

1st August 2018

"Do you really think that she'd agree?",Usman asks his parents.

"She cares for bhai obviously"Ishaq says.

"But would she still after learning about his condition? That's the real question",Ayesha says.

"Asra is a nice girl. She won't mind",Fatima smiles while ruffling Hamed's hair.

"So we're supposed to tell her?",Hamed asks.

"Well we have to Hamed. We can't have you marry her keeping her in the dark by not telling her about your condition",Yunus explains.

"Mama, baba I don't want to burden any girl by marrying me. Its too much even for y'all how is she supposed to handle it. I don't want to get married",he shakes his head then sits up and rubs his face.

Just then the doorbell rings signalling a visitor.

Noor gets up and walks out to tend to the visitor.

"Beta we're not fed up, we could never be fed up. Am just worried about your future that's all",Fatima whispers kissing her sons head.

"I know mama but it wo-"

"Its Busola"Noor walks in with Busola beside her.

"Busola this is a surprise"Fatima smiles.

"Asalam Alaykum"Busola greets the family with a smile then her eyes land on Hamed and she suddenly gets shy after he smiled at her.

"To what do we owe your visit? Come sit"Fatima says and Hamed moves away from Fatima.

"Hasna wanted me to get some notebook from Ayesha on my home",Busola replies as she walks to Fatima then takes a seat.

"Oh right I'll bring it down",Ayesha stands up then runs up the stairs to her room.

"How's work?",Fatima asks Busola who smiles.

"Going good".

"And you? You thought about what me and the ladies told you?".

"Aunty I really-"

"Tell me what kind of a man are you looking for?",Fatima asks her.

"I don't have a type aunty"Busola let's out a low chuckle.

"Just as long as he allows my siblings to move in with us that's all I want, if he's caring, and religious then there's really nothing else I want"she whispers.

"Would you marry a man who's blind or has a rare condition?",she asks.

Everyone looks at Hamed then at Fatima who ignores their glances.

"A blind man? Or a man with rare condition?"Busola hums to herself then rubs her hands together.

"It depends aunty I don't really know. If I say yes now I'd probably be lying, I wouldn't really know unless I know what kind of condition".

"What if at some times at any time he tends to start screaming and becomes a raging man who sees nothing but red and hits at anything he sees",Fatima explains to her carefully.

"So multiple personality?"

"No its not that but a condition much worse. This one he can't control at all and doctors don't have any theory as to why it happens and there's no cure or nothing".

"Oh wow um. Is there a limit to his rage? Like could he hit me or....?".

"He doesn't see anything else he just hits whatever is there but if your calm with him and if he trusts you then he'd calm down but then he'd start shaking and he just wouldn't be able to speak or do anything. He'd turn into a vulnerable ki-"Fatima stops midway with tears in her eyes as she spoke.

"Aunty are you okay?",Busola frowns and holds her hand.

"Is everything okay?",she asks with concern.

"Yeah am just am fine",Fatima forces a smile.

"Well aunty if he calms down like that then I would take the risk. Who knows maybe all he needs is love. And if he can calm down by the touch of someone who loves him or who he loves then he's not so much of a harm. He's just a defenseless man who needs love. I think that's actually kinda.....in a way something beautiful",she whispers the last part with a smile on her face.

"What's beautiful about that?",Hamed asks Busola who looks at him.

"I don't know but usually men try to act all tough and stuff so its beautiful to know a man would need love and show it openly. I don't know probably just me am weird"she shakes her head with a nervous chuckle.

"I agree"Hamed whispers.

She looks at him the same time he looked at her and the two just stare at each other as if no one else was present.

"There you go",Ayesha runs down the stairs making Busola quickly stand up. She clears her throat and quickly takes the notebook.

"I'll um thanks I'll get going now",she tells the family before literally running out of the room.