Part 35- Good News

Busola

"Mrs Khan you can both enter my office. I'll meet with you in two minutes",Noor's obstetrician tells us.

"Thank you"we walk into her largely spaced office filled with frames of her awards, and medical items, books etc. Her desk has many files piled up beside her laptop. We both take a seat and wait patiently for her.

Dr Salome sits down with a smile on her face already. I don't know if that's a smile signalling that something good is coming or just a friendly smile to welcome us.

"So what can I do for you today?" She asks looking at both me and Noor.

"Is there a reason why am not able to get pregnant?"Noor asks straight off. She ain't even delay nothing.

"What are you talking about? Did you not get my letter?",Dr Salome asks now looking confused herself.

"What letter?"Noor asks her.

"You've been missing your appointments so I just sent the letter to you instead. Noor your already 4 weeks pregnant. In that letter I told you to come for a monthly check up but you never replied",she explains.

"Wait. Can you say that again? Please. Its not quite registering in my head yet",Noor and I both say.

"Mrs Khan your 4 weeks pregnant",she repeats.

Me and Noor both literally jump out of our seats and jump up and down while embracing each other in a hug. I had to hold her close to me so she wouldn't fall as she broke down into tears and constantly just kept thanking God and saying "Allahu Akbar".

"Allahu Akbar. Indeed",I whisper.

"Congratulations Mrs Khan. But am going to need you to come to your check ups. And here's a copy of the letter",the doctor hands her brown envelope with Mr and Mrs Khan written on it.

"Oh thank you so much thank you"Noor hugs doctor Salome who smiles.

"Whatever you were doing to relax yourself and free yourself from stress helped",was all she said.

Noor then looks at me and smiles.

"Thank you"she whispers and kisses my hand.

"What are sisters for"I say and she smiles.

"Am too excited to tell Usman to walk. Let's call Noah to pick us up",she says. I didn't mind because I was actually tired of walking already.

***

We walk into the living room and they're still watching lectures.

"Your back",aunty was the first person to notice us. Her eyebrows raises with confusion as she looks at Noor's excited face.

"Noor beta. Why do you look so excited?",she asks.

"Read it to them. Am too excited I won't be able to",Noor says handing over the letter.

I just chuckle at her behavior. I open the envelope and clear my throat.

Dear Mrs Khan, I have been trying to reach you but to no avail so I thought I would send you this letter. You have missed many appointments and I understand completely why so I will just tell you what you have been wanting to hear for a while now.

Mrs Khan I am thrilled to say that you are currently 3 weeks pregnant. But I would love for you to come for a monthly check up just so we can be making sure that the baby is healthy.

***

I finish reading and look up to find aunty already stood up. Noor herself has tears of joy in her eyes. Usman still looks to be in shock.

"Your pregnant?"he whispers.

Noor nods and squeals.

"Alhamdulilah. Beta",aunty hugs Noor and kisses all over her face. Noor hugs aunty also and smiles.

I sit down beside Hamed as Usman hugs Noor. She just cries in his chest. Tears of joy.

I look at Hamed who's beaming with happiness.

"Mubarak"they all greet the two.