Part 30-Sibling Dispute

Ishaq

"Baba, mama's back from her friends",I tell him. He just nods then gets up from bed.

"What's going on?"mama asks as Busola babhi and Yousif voices raise from his room. They've been arguing since morning. I don't know why but I heard Hamed bhai's name so am guessing its about him and what happened two days ago when he hurt babhi.

"He could kill you",Yousif yells.

"What the hell?",Hasna whispers. I look at bhai who doesn't say anything. He's just staring at the blank TV.

"Yousif this isn't your shot to call okay? This isn't even any of your problem",babhi yells.

"Your my sister of course it is. We couldn't do anything for mommy and daddy but I sure damn as well ain't gon watch as he beats you to death",he yells.

Babhi doesn't say anything for a while. None of them did. Then babhi storms out of his room and he follows then pulls her back angrily.

"I don't like what your doing. Your choosing him over us",he yells.

"Am not choosing anybody over anyone Yousif please stop this madness".

"We don't have any other big sister, your the only one we have sis. After what happened, I don't trust the dude. I know it's not exactly him doing himself but still sis. He can't control himself. What if he hurts you more than you can take. Then what? What will you say then? You can't say shit because you won't be able to. Sis you have to leave him",he tells her.

Wait what?

"Sis",Hasna walks over to them.

"You too?",Babhi whispers.

"I love you and him together I won't even lie. He makes you happy I see that. And that's all we want Yousif. But Yousif is also right. I can't take losing you over it",she whispers.

"Its not even a choice sis. You HAVE to leave him",Yousif says.

"Its not your choice Yousif. Its mine and I choose not to so what can you actually do about that? Look I know what am putting myself through but nothing will happen okay? Please just stop your giving me a headache",babhi sighs.

"We're giving you a headache?"Yousif scoffs.

"Its okay. Do what you want. BOTH of you do what you want. First this ones pregnant and you too are willing to sacrifice your own life to save someone else's. Its okay. Do you",he shrugs.

"Yousif"both his sister try to touch him but he just glares at them which made them back up.

"Am going out",he mumbles then walks past them. He didn't even bother greeting mama and baba, he just storms out of the house.

***

"So your okay now?",Hasna asks Yousif who gives her a dirty look then hisses.

"Look don't talk to me"he mumbles as he stares at the plate of jollof rice angrily.