Part 17-Preparations(part 1)

10th September 2018

Hamed

"Sis you should get them Ankara wedding dresses",Hasna says then she sits beside Busola and shows her her phone.

"What you think?"she asks Busola who looks at me.

I shake my head then she shakes her head also at Hasna who let's out a loud annoyed groan.

"When is your next hospital appointment anyways Hasna?",Busola asks her.

Hasna immediately frowns then sighs. Her once happy mood now turned sour.

"On Wednesday. Said to come every two weeks for check up".

"Okay Hamed can I take that day off to take her?",she turns to me.

"We got a meeting Wednesday",I tell her.

"Oh b-".

"Actually sis I wanted aunty and Ishaq to go with me.....if that's okay with you of course",Hasna whispers.

Busola furrows her eyebrows then she frowns.

"you don't want me to go?".

"No its not that. I just I don't know, I want them to comes with me this time".

"Okay then. Sure"she whispers.

"Come on",hasna and Ayesha get up and head to Ayesha's room.

"Don't take it to hear beta",mama tells Busola who looks at her.

"Yeah but she always wanted me to go with her with anything she has even when I didn't have time".

"now she wants someone she's in love with and someone that reminds her of her mother.....its not that shocking",I tell her which made her turn to me.

"Yeah I guess your right"she mumbles to herself.

"Wear a Saree",I tell her.

"What? Me? Saree?"she let's put a chuckle and shakes her head.

"That's what you want?",Noor babhi asks me as she takes a seat beside her Usman bhai.

I look at Busola and nod. "I'll think about it. We can go Saree shopping, me and Noor....if you want to",she looks at babhi who hums.

"Depends when"

"Wednesday?".

"Am going to my parent's house. What about tomorrow since Hamed is your boss he can let you off",babhi says then looks at me.

"So can I get an off?"Busola asks me.

"Its for your wedding of course"mama joins into the conversation.

"Great so tomorrow then",Noor babhi smiles.

"Who's being your bridesmaid?".

"Bilqis, Bisma and Asra and I was thinking you too but I didn't know if you'd want to?",Busola asks Noor babhi who smiles which made her also smile.

"The girls are already planning a performance, I can't wait to see it. They can dance. Especially Asra",Busola sits beside Noor babhi who chuckles.

"I know. I've watched them practice and practice. Asra surprisingly is taking this seriously. She's getting them to put their all into it".

"Yeah she's a nice person",Busola smiles.

"Okay your going to need some marriage night tips so tonight I'll come to your room. The girls wanted to come but not anymore",babhi whispers to Busola who gasps a little.

"What girl watchu think was gonna happen? Movies and popcorn?"babhi chuckles.

I scratch my head as Busola gulps then sinks down in her seat then mama, baba and bhai laugh.

"Well I didn't think about that. I forgot",Busola whispers.

"Forgot? How you gon fo- you know what forget that. We'll get you ready for EVERYTHING",babhi winks at Busola who looks down shyly.

I couldn't help but chuckle at her sudden shyness. I wonder how our night would be like......would we lose it then? Or like after? I don't know I feel nervous. What if I mess up and it gets real awkward. This would be my first. Wait. What if I go all rogue on her.

My heart starts beating fast and I feel swear slide down my forehead then my hands starts to shake. I close my eyes and start taking deep breaths but it didn't seem to be working. I open my eyes and lost it.

***

"Take it easy beta",mama whispers as she helps me sit up on the couch.

"Did I?".

"Yeah",everyone whispers with a sad nod. I look around for Busola but she's nowhere to be seen. She couldn't be gone home because she practically lives here now and her siblings are here so where could she be gone. What if.....?

"Mama"I call with a shaky tone.

"Yes beta?".

"I didn't hurt her did I?",I ask looking up at her. Mama looks away and doesn't say anything. My hand leaves hers then my heart starts beating faster and faster.

"Am okay Hamed",I hear Busola say. I stand up then stumble back into the couch. I hold my head but disregard the pain am feeling. I turn to Busola who walks into the living room with a small smile.

"There's no scratch?"I check her from head to toe confusedly.

"Your brother got to you before you could get to me. Your okay"she smiles.

"So I didn't touch you?"I ask her. She shakes her head then looks at mama who's staring at her but when I look at her she just smiles.

Thank God. I was so scared that I put my hands on her.

"Your medicine"Busola holds out a glass of water and my pill box which I didn't even notice she had in the first place.

"You should probably get some rest. We gotta leave early tomorrow",she says. I just nod then take the glass. She hands me my pills one by one. I gulp them all down one by one as she gave them to me then shut my eyes at the bitterness. I drink some more water then she takes the glass back.

"Thanks"I whisper. She smiles then walks into the kitchen leaving me staring after her with shock and a little bit of happiness. I know she's down for me through thick and thin. I trust her.

"Why are you still here?",she asks me.

"Was just going"I ruffle my hair then sigh and jog up the stairs.

Busola Adeniran is something else. Despite having a tough childhood, she's willing to take the risk of being with me for life. Am so grateful to you Allah. For allowing me to meet your beautiful creation. For blessing me. Thank you so much Allah. Thank you.