Part 8- The Disastrous Wedding

3rd August 2018

Busola

"Sis are you happy?", Hasna asks me then she hugs me from behind.

"Hasna am happy. I don't like him like that plus I think its great that he's marrying her. Asra is a great and kind person",I smile.

"Yeah, your best friend steals your crush"Hasna sighs sadly.

"He's not my crush and she didn't steal him. She had him first, they were apparently told to get married since childhood. She talks about him all the time but I just never knew that it her Hamed was my Hamed .....you know"I whisper.

"Your Hamed?"she smiles.

"That's not what I meant I just said- look leave me alone. There's nothing between me and him. We're friends that like each others company that's all"I shrug.

"Are you going to consider Aunty's suggestion to get married though?",Yousif asks me from the back seat.

The traffic light turns red before I could pass through so I had to wait.

"What do y'all think about me getting married?".

"I think you deserve to be happy sis. And in a way if you have a husband then it'd be easier for you. He'll be working, you'll be working. It'll help us a lot",Yousif nods.

"I know that's the only reason am reconsidering her suggestion. I just fear that everything would change. You know my responsibility wouldn't only just be in you two anymore. It'd have to be on him too. And that's why am afraid because I know I'll be focused on you two more and won't have time for him if that happens then it could ruin our marriage. That's why I want to wait till y'all are financially well and stable....you know",I explain to then with honesty.

"That's true sis you would actually",Yousif nods.

I continue our drive towards the hall where the wedding is to be held. There's like so many cars there. I don't like this already. There's also guards around the premises and man in a suit holding a book and checking people as they walk in.

"I feel so out of place",Hasna whispers as we walk towards the man.

"Are you Adeniran family?",the guy asks.

"Yeah?"

"You go straight then turn left you'll sew others heading there anyways"he explains.

"Thank you"I nod then head into the hall with my siblings behind me.

***

"You made it",Asra walks over to me in her red dress with a smile on her face.

"Now how could I miss my best friends wedding?",I tease her and poke her cheek. We both laugh then she hugs me.

"I feel like I haven't seen you in years".

"We saw each other two days ago",I chuckle.

"That's a long time ago",she exaggerates like usual.

"Mashallah honey you look beautiful

"Mashallah honey you look beautiful. Am happy for you",I kiss her hand then cheek.

"Thanks girly here let me introduce you to my husband Hamed"she smiles then grabs my hand.

"Asra I've met him countless times already".

"Really?"

"Wait are we late? The wedding hasn't started as it?"I ask her confused as to why she's out here.

"Oh no it hasn't. I just saw you and wanted to talk to you. I didn't think you'd make it since your always busy",she smiles.

"Oh okay. Well go in. Hamed can't see you yet, I'll be right here cheering as you come out",I assure her.

"I know you will. Love you"she says as she picks up her dress.

"Love you too"I chuckle at this girls craziness as she runs past people and sneaks into a room.

"Busola"aunty shows up in front of me with a big smile on her face.

"Asalam Alaykum aunty"I hug her.

"Walaykum Salam beta"she kisses my cheek and forehead then does the same to Hasna and Yousif just like she always does. Its a routine now for her. She treats us like her own which made me fall in love with their family a lot more.

"Here come here the table for you is reserved with us",she says leading us to her family table.

"Hey"Ayesha and Hasna hug each other while Ishaq and Yousif just mean mug each other. I greet uncle and Noor who reply back with a smile well except for Noor who always just seems to not like me. I don't know why though.

I look up towards the stage and there sits Hamed in the couple seat with his elder brother Usman in another seat beside him. He looked unsure and uncertain about something.

Few minutes later of everyone walking around and settling into their seats and a few talks on the occasion and other things in Urdu which I couldn't understand.

The speaker finally sits down and the door for the bride opens. Asra comes into view with our other friends Bilqis and Bisma and then 4 other girls who are holding her dress.

People take pictures and videos of the couple as the speaker talks to the new couple on marriage advice.

"Asra a woman should listen to her husband. To everything he says okay? Hamed your duty as a husband is to take care of your wife, keep her safe and happy. Protect her through all damages or anything that could harm her, provide for you and her and always keep her happy because a wife's prayer on her husband is always fulfilled. Allah listens to women. He really does",the speaker says then smiles at his own wife who smiles.

Aww that's beautiful.

"Do you both understand?",he asks the couple.

Asra nods while Hamed is staring intensely at the table with the wedding cake on it.

"Hamed do you understand?"the speaker repeats.

"Or are you in a hurry to take your wife home?",he jokes which made everyone laugh.

But Hamed just stayed silent. No laughter, no smile. No nothing. He was just there like a statue.

"Hamed?",Asra looks at him and touches him.

Hamed pushes her hand away and grabs a hold of his hair with frustration.

"No no no. Not today oh Allah not today",uncle whispers to himself.

Usman gets up and rushes over to Hamed.

Everyone starts whispering as Usman talks to Hamed. He was literally grabbing him by the hand while Hamed was huffing and puffing angrily.

"Stop"he screams loudly then he hunches over and starts breathing heavily.

"What's going on?",Asra's mother asks standing up with her husband.

"Hamed?",Asra goes to touch him but Hamed roars at her then pushes her off the stage.

"Hamed"some people yell as Asra falls off the stage and onto the floor. We all stand up with utter shock.

He pushes Usman away then jumps off the stage and charges for Asra who's crawling backwards with tears in her eyes and fear all over her face.

Hamed bends low to her level then raises himself up.

"Ahhh-"

"Hamed stop!".