Part 34- Let's Find Out

2 months later

Busola

"BUSOLA",aunty calls from the kitchen.

"AM COMING".

I get up from my study table and place my pen down on my copy.

I walk to the living room to find the whole family sitting on the couch while watching a mufti menk lecture about young people dating.

"Yes aunty?",I ask.

"Get us some apple juice please and some of that plantain chips you bought",she tells me.

"Okay"I nod then walk into the kitchen.

"Do you need help?",Noor asks.

"No its fine. I got it".

I take out 8 packets then pour it into one large bowl, get another 8 packet and pour it into another large bowl and another 8 packet and pour it into another large bowl. I get out a tray and place the three bowls on. I then get another tray and place three apple juice cartons on another tray then another tray with 8 glass cups.

I take the first tray with the orange juice first to the living room then the tray with glass cups and lastly the tray with bowls of plantain chips. I hand uncle and aunty a bowl, Noor and Usman another bowl then Ishaq, Ayesha, Hasna and Hamed another bowl. I then take out the 8 glasses and fill them up with apple juice.

"Anything else?"I ask aunty.

"No, beta thank you"she smiles.

I smile then nod.

"Are you still studying?",Noor asks.

"Yeah I have an exam tomorrow",I nod and sigh.

"You should rest you know. Too much studying isn't great for the mind",Ayesha says.

"I know but-"

"Ah"I look at Noor who gets up.

"Come on"she says. I smile then nod. Hamed sits beside Usman instead. Noor and I both walk up the stairs. She has on a look of discomfort and uneasiness. Something must be upsetting her. Maybe its the whole conceiving thing.

"Okay talk to me"we both sit on my bed with a sigh.

"I don't know what to do. He's okay and has been behaving well but I know he's not happy and it hurts me because I feel like me not being able to grant him a child now would distant him faster and faster away from me. I can't talk to anyone else about it because I feel embarrassed. What if I won't be able to bare him a child?"she starts crying as she blurts out her feelings.

I couldn't say anything. All I could do was hug her. What she's going through is getting me also scared.

Am running away from getting pregnant even though am married. I don't know when Allah will take me. I don't want to regret not having kids. What if its too late when am ready and am not able to conceive?

"Listen Noor there's nothing to be ashamed of. This is what we'll do. Am not busy now. Me and you tell them we're going for a walk but instead we'll go to your doctor, tell her what's going on. We'll do everything as per what she thinks is best. Maybe you just need even a day in the spa to relax yourself and to get you stress-free" I tell her then stand up and pull her up along with me.

We both walk down into the living room.

"Mama me and Busola are going for a walk. Is that okay?",she asks aunty who looks at us both then nods.

"Don't stay out too late" uncle tells us.

"We won't"we both nod. We look st our husbands who nod and don't say anything then we leave the house.