Part 11-Trouble (part 1)

5th August 2018

Busola

"So what do you do Laken?".

The guy clears his throat and smiles.

"Am a neurosurgeon. I understand your uncle told me your wish. I know am capable of keeping you and your siblings happy".

I smile a little then nod.

"And you pray? Read your Qur'an?".

"I try"

"You try?".

"Yeah am not used to waking up for Fajr"

I chuckle then nod.

"And what about starting a family?".

"I want kids definitely..... You?"

"Yeah I want kids too"

"Do you smoke? Drink? Or go parties?".

"I don't do any of those things"he shakes his head.

"Okay anyways thank you. I'll give my answer to my uncle. He'll tell you"I smile and Stand up.

***

"Congrats sis"Hasna runs over to me and hugs me tightly which made me chuckle at her excitement.

"You said yes to the guy?"Yousif asks.

"Yeah. He's a nice guy and is well off so why not"I shrug.

"And he's cuuuute".

I chuckle at her then shake my head.

"By the way sis there's a college party today we're celebrating some girl's birthday and everyone's invited so can we go?",Yousif asks.

"Just be careful okay? Please".

"Ah sis when are we not? Don't worry"Hasna kisses my cheek and smiles.

***

"Do you even understand what they're saying?",Noor asks me then takes a seat beside her husband.

I look away from the the TV which is currently playing 'Sasural Simar Ka' and smile.

"I understand some. We watch it sometimes so I understand some but not all".

"Why don't you like me?"I ask Noor who looks at me shocked at how blunt I was probably.

"You don't like her?"aunty looks at her daughter-in-law with confusion.

"I didn't say that"Noor whispers

"Then why do you ign-"

Hamed runs down the stairs in basketball shorts and a white shirt.

"Where you going?"Usman asks him.

"Play ball? Wanna join? Ishaq isn't here"Hamed asks then he looks at me.

"Your here?".

"Yeah, Hasna and Yousif are gone to some college birthday party so I was alone at home and bored",I explain.

"Oh.....ball?"

"Against me?".

"One on one".

Mmm you and your brother play I think I'll spend time with Noor"I smile.

"Okay"he shrugs then looks at Usman who stands up and follows him out.

"Why did you say yes to the other guy?",Noor asks me while looking at the diamond ring on my finger.