Girl Meets Boy

"Talk to him," My sister, Maya, said to Riley who refused to talk to Lucas

"Why? We have a great text relationship," Riley asked.

"You know what's a better text relationship?" I asked.

"What?" She questioned.

"Talk to him. He's right over there," Maya told her friend.

"Noooo! Too complicated over there. Lots can go wrong over there. The only thing that can go wrong over here is if I go over there," Riley said, trying to reason with us. She finally got the courage to go up to him. She kept mouthing 'Hi' to him. She looked at us with a desperate look. We both mouthed 'Talk to him.' Then she sniff him... I'm done. She walked over to us with a grin.

"How'd I do?" She asked

"You smelled him," Maya asked.

"Yup," Riley confirmed.

"You smelled him is what you did," I concluded.

"I walk through life, the way I walk through life," Riley said, walking into class.

"Can we please talk about this?" My sister tried to plead with the brunette. Suddenly both of our phones buzzed. It was a text from Riley.
"Nope," We said, reading the text.

_____
"You guys don't connect with each other. It's like you can't exist without these. You use emoticons rather than emotions. You're an unfeeling generation of zombies," Mr. Matthew said. Me, Riley, and Maya started to 'eat' each other,"Stop eating her." Then one of my class mates walked through the the door. "You're late, Miss Myzell."

"My goldfish died," Myzell said flatly.

"You see? This is what I'm talking about. Miss Myzell has clearly suffered a tragic loss. Yet, she does not seem in touch with her actual emotions!"

"Excuse me? I am crying my eyes out. I'm gonna have to leave class early," She said flatly again before leaving the classroom.

"Oh, she actually made it out the door this time," Cory said. He walked over and opened the door where Myzell appeared in the doorway.

"I actually made it out the door this time!" She yelled in excitement.

"Dad, adjust and deal. Cell phones have been around for, like, ever," Riley said.

"It'll amaze you to know that there was a whole world before you and cell phones," Cory said.

"And it'll amaze you to know that I have 394 friends in here," Riley said, tapping her phone screen.