Girl Meets Game Night

"Who are you texting?" Maya asked with a smirk on face as we walk towards the Matthew residence

"No one," I lied.

"Oh, so it wouldn't be a certain Uncle Boing who has taken a strong likening to you."

"So what if it is?"

"What about Farkle?" I stopped and looked at her.

"I don't know, okay. With Josh, it's easy. It's not complicated with Missy and secret kisses and friendships stuff. It's just..."

"Simple?"

"Exactly! I like him, I don't know if what way, but it's a lot easier than what's going on with Farkle."

"Maybe you should just take a break from Farkle?"

"Really? Why? I thought you also liked Josh?"

"Well, I do find him very, very attractive, you deserve someone like Josh. A guy who cares and is kind."

"But... Farkle is those things too."

"But Farkle doesn't give you butterflies or texts you late into the night. You know who does? Josh."

"Maybe... maybe you're right," I sighed as we reached the entrance to the apartment building.

"So, how freaked out do you think Matthews is going to be when he finds out Riley invited everyone?"

"I don't know, but I sure hope we didn't miss it," I laughed as we enter the apartment.

"Did you tell them yet?" Maya asked as we walked in.

"Did he freak?" I added.

"Did she tell you?"

"Did you freak?"

"Show us what you did."

"Freak out for us." My sister and I sat down at the table.

"I don't freak out," Cory told us before turning to his daughter, "What did you do?!"

"Family game night, now with extra family," Auggie said as he entered the home, Josh at his heels.

"Well, hello," Maya greeted Josh, twirling her hair.