Girl Meets Popular

"Look what's happening, look what's coming," Riley said with excite

"What's coming, crazy?" I asked.

"Invitations To the seventh grade parties. It's begun. We could be party girls. I'm going to need a party-girl walk," Riley started to do a weird walk. She turned to us when she was done.
"Yeah, that's not it," Maya said.
"You know, there is going to be boys at these parties. But not just any boys. No, opposite-sex boys. They're the best kind," Riley said.
"Yeah, you sound ready for this," I said.
"Oh, I am. And I may just be the first girl who crosses over from our side of the room to the -"

"Yeah, it's gonna be us." "Yeah, it's gonna be you guys."
"You know what pretty-boy hipster is handing out invitations to - Don't you?

"A party," Maya said.
"Membership cards to the popular club," Riley announced.
"Why can't you just let it be a party?" I asked.

"Because this is it, right here. This is where you guys go one way and I go the other way. You guys get the invite and one of you marry pretty-boy hipster and I end up marrying Anthony Delveccio and we buy things in bulk. You guys are gonna be popular. I'm not. Good for you. Good girls. Bye-bye, girls. Bye-bye," Riley ranted as she hugged us. The guy handing out the invitations walked over to us. He started to hand the invitation to Riley, but she pushed it back to me and Maya. The guy passed it back to Riley. She looked at him with hopeful eyes. He nodded. Riley grabbed the card. 
"Yay! For me. Maya, Dylan, I know you didn't get one, but is it okay if I'm really happy?

"You go get 'em, tiger," Maya said. Riley started to skip down the hall.
"We love you, but you're a lot of work," I said as Maya and I follow her. I stopped when I see the devil herself.

"Hey, you can take care of Ms. Popular for a minute, right? I have to go see Farkle about this homework assignment," I lied. I hate that I resulted into using Farkle as an excuse when I know that all he wants me to do is tell everybody the truth.

"Yeah, I got her," She said following a Smiley Riley. I turned around to see that Missy's not there. I walk further down the hall only to be dragged into the janitor's closet. It was pitch black. I knew it was Missy who pulled me in since I can feel her fake nails dig into my arm. I blindly searched the wall to find the light switched. I turned around and become face to face with the burning eyes of Missy. I pulled her arm of me.

"Who did you tell?" She yelled in my face.

"I didn't tell anyone," I said with a straight face.

"Well someone knows about our little deal"

"How do you know if someone knows?"