Girl Meets 1961

"The '60s, man," Mr

"The '60s, man," Mr. Matthews announced. "Influential musicians like Bob Dylan and Joan Baez Playing guitars and singing like prophets. The times, they were a-changin'." I slammed my head on the desk.
"The class, they are a-sleepin'," Farkle mimic him.
"It's not your fault, dad. It's just the stuff you're saying," Riley explained.
"I'm talking about the '60s, man."
"Nobody cares about when you were our age."
"Riley, it was over 50 years ago. How old do you guys think I am?" He questioned the class.

"Forty!" Conor called out. I raise my head from the table.

"If I say twenty can I get an 'A'?" I asked.

"There's no right answer to this, sir," Lucas said after hearing our answers.
"You should teach us future class. You know give us something to use," Maya said.

"Listen, dad, you're doing a wonderful job up there and we're very happy that you're all jazzed up-" I interrupted Riley.

"But history has nothing to do with us."
"I'm gonna snap this chalk now," Cory told us.
"Uh-oh," Lucas said.
"Snap," He said as he snapped the chalk into two. "What did you guys do yesterday?"

"I think I ate grapes," Riley said.
"Do you know what yesterday was?"

"Grapes day."
"It's history. Every decision you make every day, every time you decide to turn left instead of right, you make history and you affect someone else's. And if you refuse to learn that, I guarantee you, you guys will not become the best person you can be. Because history is all about missed opportunities. History has nothing to do with us, wasn't it, Ms. Hart?" He asked me.

"Can't remember, it was like five minutes ago," I said.
"Fine. I am not gonna teach you guys about the '60s," Mr. Matthew said.
"Yay," The class cheered.

"You are."
"Yay," Farkle said as we groaned.

"I rather be shot again," I announced.
"History is alive even if you weren't. But now you're gonna be. You will visit the 1960s and give a report."
"Time travel," Farkle dazly said.
"How do we do that, dad? We weren't there."
"You were."
"How?"

"You all have grandparents or great-grandparents. Choose one who was around during that time.
Learn all you can about them and report back. Then we'll see if history has nothing to do with us. Living history. Now I'm all jazzed up." The bell rings. The rest of the group gets up expect for me. As they were about to go through the door, they turned around and realized I wasn't following.

"Aren't you coming?" Riley asked. I nodded.

"In a minute." They looked at each other, having a conversation without speaking.

"Are you sure?" Maya asked.

"I'm sure." They nodded before leaving the room. The only one to not leave was Farkle. He walked over and sat in Riley's desk.