Girl Meets Truth

School plays are boring as it is, but add my friends, it could get interesting

"Eyes, look your last. Arms, take your last embrace. And, lips, oh, you the doors of breath, seal with a righteous kiss," Lucas said as he walks over to Riley who is lying down on the stone. Farkle started to lurk in the back until he jumps next to Lucas.
"Back off!" He said.
"What meanest thou? Spear carrier... who havest no lines," Lucas said, confused on what Farkle was doing.
"You tried to kiss my woman.  This I cannot allow. Prepare to die!" Farkle said, pointing the fake spear at Lucas.
"Farkle, what are you doing? It's 'Romeo and Juliet,'" Lucas said, breaking character.
"Well, now it's "Romeo and Juliet and Farkle." I play Farkle."
"Dude, I'm supposed to kiss the girl. Shakespeare said."
"Who thinks the spear carrier should finally get to kiss Juliet?" Farkle asked the audience. We all cheered. Maya and I stood up.
"Yeah, you kiss that girl," Maya said.

"You go, you crazy spear carrier," I said.
"Hark! You two fair maidens cometh uppeth here and getteth kissed too," Farkle said. The crowd cheer again as me and Maya got on stage.
"Thank you, thank you," Maya said.

"You're too kind, seriously," I said. Maya and I sat on either side of Riley.

"How you doing?" We said to Riley.
"I just don't understand how we end up in situations like this," She told us.

___

As we walk out of the play, we were greeted by the cheers of the students. All expect Farkle. Riley had to spark up the crowd to get people to cheer for him.
"Thank you. Thank you, Farkle Nation!" Farkle cheered.
"Farkle, come here," I said as I walked to him. Riley stopped me.
"Dylan, don't. He thinks he was good," She said.

"Yeah, we're gonna fix that," Maya said.
"But you guys can't tell him the truth. You'll crush him."
"Oh, we can tell him the truth. It's you who can't tell him the truth because you're afraid," I told her.

"I'm not afraid. I'm nice."
"You're saying we're not nice?" Maya asked.
"No, I'm afraid to say that."
"Tell him the truth. You know Farkle. You know what will happen if you don't," I said. We walk over to Farkle.
"Farkle. You were so-- What are the best words?" Riley said.
"He killed the play," Maya started.

"Those are the words. Those are the only words," I continued.

"You killed the play. Tell him," Maya finish.
"What? What do they mean?" Farkle asked Riley.
"They mean you killed it, Farkle. Killed It! Showbiz talk," Riley saved.
"I actually I thought I ruined the play. If you would've told me I ruined the play, I would have believed you. I would have been crushed, but I would've believed you," Farkle explain.
"How could I crush one of the best actors working in middle school today?"
"I'm a good actor? What if I'm better than good? What if I'm great? What if I'm the greatest actor who ever lived, and I never knew it? That would be sad. Wah. It's okay, it's okay. I was acting. Thanks, Riley, my public awaits. Hello, everybody!" Farkle said as he walked towards the other students.
"You can't lie to him, Riley," Maya said.

Dylan Meets WorldOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara