Girl Meets Master Plan

"Happy birthday, Peaches!" I yelled as I tackle my sister in her bed

"Thanks, go away," Maya mumbled in her pillow.

"Nope, it's your birthday and where going to celebrate."

"I can celebrate in my dreams, let me sleep."

"Fine then," I said, getting up from the bed, "If you go back to sleep then how will you open your present?"

Maya threw back her covers and rushed to my side, nearly tripping, "Gimme, Gimme." She rips open the wrapping paper to reveal a paint set.

"I know it's not as fancy as some art kits, but it's the only one I can afford and-" She cut off my rambling with a hug.

"I love it. Thank you." She pulled away, "Where's mom?"

I knew this was coming. "She's uh... gone."

"What?"

"I'm sorry, but she left before I woke up and if I saw her I would of made her stay."

"It's fine," She told me in a monotone voice, "Let just get ready to go to Riley"s."

"Maya-"

"I'm fine."

_THIRD PERSON_

"Happy 14, Maya!" Riley cheered as the Hart sisters entered the bay window, "How's 14? Tell me what it's like to be 14, but don't leave anything out."

"So far it is a lot of work."

"Because you know I'll be there soon, and I want to know what I have to look forward to."

"Well, if you're like me, you can look forward to your mother forgetting your birthday."

"Oh, no she did not!"

"Dylan."

"I got her," Dylan told her sister as she grabbed a hold of Riley before she could leave through the window.

"Where you goin', honey?"

"Must talk to your mom."

"Must not get involved."

"Why do you tell me these things if you don't expect me to fix them?"