1. My life

I am in my house which is not at all a house. A house is a house, where a family welcomes you when you come. It is a place where you want to sleep, eat, bath and the most important love your family. But in my case it's totally messed up.

Let me introduce myself to you. My name is Nandini.Murthy. I am settled in USA. I am a software engineer working in a well known company. I considered my dad as my role model, let me repeat the word considered. To tell you my story, I need to go back to the time of about ten years.

Flash back

Today everyone should be happy, but they are not. Why?, because today my mom got her biopsy reports and she has breast cancer. Doctors told that she is in her 3rd stage. Today I got 1st prize in singing contest and I am not at all happy.

After all the two years cheomotherapies, radiations she took her last breath. Today I should be happy because I got placed in a good collage but am I happy? Definitely not.

I stayed in my aunt's house to complete my engineering and honestly she was not less than my mom. It was 4 years after I completed my studies and I went to my hometown only to know that my dad was remarried to a woman of my mom's age. On the same day I came to know that they got married 4 years ago and no one informed me. My whole family tree consists of more than 50 members, but nobody thought that it was important to me to know, even my aunt with whom I stayed didn't inform me.

That's it,  I thought, and cut all the ties with my relatives, even my dad whom I loved. I only have a contact with my brother and my cousins. My brother also was not aware of this. So he is doing the same as me. He is doing his M. Tech. in a very well known collage.

.......................Flashback end ..................

A tear sliped from my eyes. I quickly wiped it.

  My phone started vibrating and I know who it is. It is my cousin Rishika. She is the daughter of my aunt with whom I stayed with. We have a nice bonding.

"Hello" I said
"Hey, how are you? Any news of boys you have to date?" she asked playfully. She knows that I hate dating and I till now I had only one boyfriend and that is

Pizza 🍕.
"Shut up, I'm fine. What about you?" I asked.
"Actually I am insisted to call you to come to India as soon as possible. Before you scream, let me explain. Your dad had a heart attack yesterday and he is insisting to see you. Mom told that he is admitted to hospital and ..."she trailed off.

  I don't know how to react but I did the only thing that came to my mind I rushed to my Laptop to book tickets for India. " What's the con..dition?" I asked her in between my sobs. " Hey are  you crying? Please don't!, because it's not serious" she said in caring tone, but the only thing I concentrated was, reaching India. "I don't know anything Rishi, but I need to see dad that's it. I am leaving today. Don't worry I will reach with in 3 days." I said and cut the call.

  I packed my bag as soon as possible hoping and praying god to keep my dad safe. I called my brother, Rishab and informed him about dad's condition. Oh shit! I forgot he is having his exams. "Don't worry Rishab, I am going there and I will handle everything. Rishi said it's not at all serious." I said in a calm tone so that he shouldn't be bothered. I didn't have much talk with him so that, he panicked and gave away his exams.

I wish I reach there on time was all I prayed.