34. Manik's past

Surprise!!!!!

   As a apology I am writing this chapter today. Please comment, vote and share.

____________________________________

  I sat in the car which consumed nothing but silence. It is afternoon now and I am hell bent on meeting Savitri, but I have strict orders from my family not to meet her and Harshad is also enquiring her, so I am not allowed. "That's it. I know you want to meet, but at least, please celebrate this achievement. Fab5 is asking me treat for their struggle. I thought of..." I did not let him complete as I spoke "I want to know why you are hell bent on marrying me. Is it the repay you are paying? Then please don't....." now Manik cut off my speech. " Geez women!!Where do you get these ideas from?" he asked with amusement in his face.

  I took deep breath with asking the question which was bugging me since that 'Tenshi' word. "I want to know you. I want to know your past." I said seriously to which he smiled and started.

  "My dad was a successful business man and my mom was also involved in his business. So as a only child I was given everything before I asked. The result of this was, I became a brat. Soha was my childhood friend and her father was an employee in our company, but dad supported him and he opened his own construction company. When I turned 18 I got a big shock that our company was in huge loss. We were not having a single rupee, so I thought I could ask help from Soha but she showed her true colours when she treated me like a beggar. Her father was not less than her when my father asked his help." I think he is controlling his tears. To support him that I am there with him, I held hi hand.

  "I thought of all the money I wasted. I used to spend at least 1000 rupees per day." I gasped at his revelation. I used to think 10 times before going to canteen to buy a ten rupees chips packet. "I know it is really a big amount. At that time our shares were not at that high level too and we did a mistake by investing only in construction, so we were in that state. After you saved my life I did all the things you said and with that my family got at least one lakh. My friends were the main reason for it. With that money I opened a small café and the cook was none other than Druv's mom." I never met Druv's mother but after this I am definitely going to meet her.

 "I used to go to collage at day and work as a waiter at evening in the same café. Even my friends supported me during that. In one month we gained fifteen thousand and believe me I wanted to thank you for that. This life of ours continued till our share got hysterically high. It took us two years to gain the position where we were before the loss. For every success I got, I used to stand at the lake waiting for you so that I can thank you but it was all in vain. I was no longer brat and I took the responsibility." Now I am so proud of him. I never knew my suggestion would work this much.

  "You know Druv's mother went into depression after her husband's death, but now she smiles, laughs with us. After we gained our position back, I along with my friends involved in business. My mother, Aliya got interest in fashion so they started their own boutique. Druv and Kabir along with Druv's mother started restaurants and café. These all things were done along with our MBA. My mother was the one who doubted about by change and asked the reason. I told her everything and she almost went to private investigator to get the information about you." I gave a small laugh to it.

 "I searched you like a maniac and then contacted a private investigator. He told me you are in New York. I took over lots of software companies, mining and many other companies. Then one day I saw you with Kartik. I don't know why, but I wanted to rip off you from my cousin. When you told me that you don't want to marry him indirectly, I knew I had a chance. On our date I thought you fell for my charm or money but you proved me wrong by giving me earful from your curses. Then I knew, you are my prefect soulmate that my family and friends searching who don't go behind money, fame, property but loves the one with lovely heart." I was speechless. I never knew I was perfect for him, but always I thought Manik is perfect and I am imperfect for him.

  "You know, I thought it was not love but without seeing you for a day I would go restless. I wanted to be near you, talk to you. My friends had asked why I am behind you? I told them the story of our past and they were the one who wanted me to get married next week." We both laughed at his statement.

  "Manik, I love you." he stopped laughing and stared at me wide eyes. "Say it again" he said still surprised " I love you" I said shyly and I don't know what happed next, but the car was halted and he was out of the car. I came out confused by his actions. "Can you repeat it? Please..." he said using his puppy eyes. "I. Love. You. Manik." At this point I was annoyed and shouted but little did I know that he had his video conference with his family and friends.

  I heard cheers from the mobile which was kept on the wind shield of the car and Manik dancing like a child who got his chocolate candy. By now I was giving tough competition to the tomatoes.