13.Knight In The Shining Armour

Thank you so much for the votes, comments and the following. I cannot thank everyone personally so I am just thanking you all through a common message.

______________________________________________________

  I am feeling like whole world is crashed on my head because I am cooking dinner for 9 members including me. This problem arose due to my over excited, dear friend, Deepa. Its Saturday now where fab 5 along with Harshad, Abhimanyu are also invited to my new apartment by none other than Deepa, in celebration of Druv and Aliya's accepted relationship by Harshad.

 I questioned her about inviting them to my apartment so her answer was "I have reasons which are valid

1. My younger sister, Siri is having her exams.

2. You never gave a party for your break up with Kartik.

3. Why fear? When friends are here. " By hearing her reason I came to a conclusion to never to question your dumb friend but what can I do? I sill love her like a sister.

  Currently I am in my kitchen preparing the last dish and rest all are fighting on 'Which movie should be watched today?' as they decided to have a movie night. Deepa was helping me till she got nature's call. "Any help?" I turned to the voice to see who it was. I saw the one whom I waited to thank him from 3 days. "Can you please help me to arrange these on dining table?" I cannot thank him directly.

 "Yeah, sure, Why not?" he said and took one of the dish from counter. He came again to take another dish but stopped by me. "Thank you for helping me Manik. It means a lot." I said genuinely with nervousness in my voice. He smiled "your welcome but don't forget you are also the one who is helping me getting the tender." his statement rang the bells of curiosity in my mind. "How is the tender related to your relationship status?" I felt so dumb now. He is helping me since the day I signed the contract but not once I asked him his problem. How mean. my subconscious was right.

  "You see, the company which is providing the offer has a boss who thinks that, if a man is in the hands of woman who can make his life stable, then his the happiest man on earth." I wanted to laugh but somewhere this statement was true. "Why did you choose me? I mean to say, you can get any girl to be your girlfriend but why me?" I asked him. "You are one of them who won't go behind the money but you go behind the truth." wow, I feel proud but how does he know about me so much?

  "You must be thinking about my statement towards you. Right?" he asked to which I nodded with confusion evident on my face. "I came know that you don't go behind money when you rejected Kartik even after knowing his financial status. I came know you go behind truth when you had the doubt on Kartik. Happy?" he asked and took another dish. He surely is a gentlemen, clever, face reader and I need to find the other hidden talents in this little journey of ours.

  We had dinner with everybody mostly Deepa cracking her jokes, fab 5 teasing each others and some commenting on Manik's and my relationship. When it was movie time, Harshad, Deepa took sofa with me and Manik. Rest all took a mat and sat on the floor. Their sentence was 'If we are lazy, we can sleep on this itself'. I seriously missed Rishab now. We were the one who used to force whole family for movie nights.

  I was sitting beside Manik with Doctor Strange on the TV screen. I have seen this movie for about 10 times. Now 11th time I am getting bored why? I don't know. 

  I felt something soft under my head. I think it's a pillow, but pillow don't have bones. I opened my eyes greeted by Manik with mouth ajar and slight snoring. I realised I slept on Manik's shoulder for whole night. I saw around to see all are in their dreamland. Thank god they switched off the TV.

   It was 7:00 am morning. I got up carefully to get rid of my morning breath. When I returned Harshad was up with Manik beside him. "Hey, I got the lead of Kashi. Marihal." My eyes widened and I hugged him but soon was ripped from him by Manik. "She id my girl" his statement made my stomach come with butterflies. Harshad rolled his eyes "Don't worry she is like a sister to me. Besides I have Deepa." He said ripping off from reality and I can imagine him going to the world called Deepa.

   "So, Can I get the address?" I asked to which he instantly replied with a "No, are you mad? I said that police will look after it then why are you so stubborn?" I wanted to argue but Manik beat me to it. "Relax ACP, she is with me. I will protect her and about solving the case you have 156 pending cases in your office. On a serious note, it is almost ten years for her mother's death. If police involves then it will take them more time Harshad. Don't worry I will be her Knight in the shining armour." he said dramatically to which both me and Harshad chuckled.