10.Mukti's Boyfriend

Thanks a lot for the support. The good news that I want to share is my story received 100 votes. I will try my level best to not to disappoint you guys.

_____________************************__________________________________****

   I am repeating the questions that I should ask to the owner of the hospital. Currently I am sitting in Manik's car where we are heading to meet the owner of 'Suryakanti Cancer Hospital'. I thought of taking the appointment of the doctor who handled my mother's case but Manik told me that there was made a lot of changes within this ten years. So we are approaching the owner.

  When I got down from the car, I want to say one thing that is 'wow, what a beauty'. I am standing in front of the mansion of owner and by seeing the mansion I can tell that he is stinking rich. We entered the living room which screamed royalty. There were white mixed golden curtains, a breath taking chandelier, the sofas were of cream colour with golden décor on it. There was a glass table where the vase was placed with orchids in it. I saw the stairs which was a the centre of opposite to the entrance.

   A man in his tuxedo with jet black hair and brown eyes descended the stairs. He was no less than the Greek god. He has a fair white skin. He hugged Manik and talked some business stuff which I didn't understand a bit. He then saw me and held his hand "Abhimanyu. Thakkar"  he said in his tough voice but soft tone. "Nandini. Murthy" I replied with shaking his hand.

  "Please have a seat." He said and took opposite seat of me and Manik. "Manik has told everything to me. First I want to start when your mother died. Ten years back, the hospital was owned by Shyam. Prasad. His son Kalyan. Prasad inherited the hospital when your mother was admitted. He was not like his father. He was so much money minded that he allowed the international companies to test it's medison directly on humans. Many of the doctors protested back because of his deeds but he removed from their posts. After some five years the police department got to know about him and he was arrested. My father bought this hospital and now I am the owner." He completed the story.

  "Is that why my mom died?" I asked to clarify my confusion. "This may be one of the reason but many of the cases were filed against the doctors and interns who took money to kill the patients. I have a list of doctors who all are arrested and some are suspected." a lady who wore a professional attire handed him number of file. He searched one in particular and handed it to me.

  "I don't know about them much because when my father found them doing such activities he took resignation from all of them who were suspected and some, who were confirmed that they were involved in such activities were handed to police." he said and gave another file. I don't see any familiar face as my father was the one who looked after my mother and I was the one who looked after all the chores done in the house.

   "Do you know any of the doctor named Kashi. Marihal?" I asked because he was the one who treated my mother. "Yes, when my father bought the hospital he collected all the old and eligible doctors who worked in the hospital. He invited them to the hospital again. But this doctor, who you mentioned was not found in his house. The neighbours said that, his family got into an accident. So he left every thing and now he is serving in an orphanage." He said to which I cursed my luck. "Don't ask me which orphanage even I tried searching but the result I got was worst." he said.

  "Thank you Mr. Thakkar for your help." I said genuinely with a smile. "Oh it's nothing, at least this is the thing I can do for my girlfriend's best friend's girlfriend." I was totally confused by  the statement who has now tucked his hands in his pockets. Seeing my confused face Manik answered my unasked question "He is Mukti's boyfriend" my mouth hung open by his answer. Can anyone imagine, a bad girl can fall for the gentleman. "I heard opposite attract but now I am seeing" I said to tease him.

  A small blush covered Abhimanyu's face and Manik laughed at his state. "You don't know, when he told that he is going to propose Mukti to be his girlfriend, Aliya brought thermometer to check his temperature, Druv choked on his own saliva, Kabir called mental asylum and took appointment for him. Thank god Mukti was not there otherwise she would have punched his face that instant." he said laughing holding his stomach. I couldn't help but laugh at the scene, imagining it. 

  "What did you do ?" I asked curious about his reaction. Suddenly he stopped laughing and Abhi started laughing. I looked both of then with confusion. "He fainted hearing it." I really tried not to laugh but I couldn't control but grow in to fits of laughter when I saw Abhi laughing. "Stop it Mr. Thakkar, it's rude to laugh." I managed to say in between my laugh but couldn't stop it.

  Manik. Malhotra fainted hearing someone is going to propose his best friend. Ha ha ha ha....