43.The Proposal

Thanks a lot for your votes and comments. Silent readers please do vote.

_______________________________________

  You know sitting in the make up room and being dolled is the most boring thing in the world. I faced this damn problem, because of the ladies, that is Mukti and Aliya, who have tagged me to a birthday party without my permission. Well their statement caught me off guard when they said, 'friends don't take each other's permission'.

 "Ok, Nandini you are absolutely ready. Now you need to just buy a gift and reach to this address. We will come once we both get ready." saying this both of them scurried off from my room. My whole family went to temple and handed me to these ladies. I sighed and saw the clock which showed 5:00pm, which means I have still two hours left for party.

   I looked at myself in mirror and I have to say this, I looked gorgeous. I am not one of those who compliment themselves, but I could appreciate Mukti's and Aliya's effort. Aliya had given me the black gown from her collection which fit me perfectly. Mukti gave me the diamond necklace, studs and a bracelet. I asked the amount of it only to make her super angry and she pulled my hair in return for asking such question. My hair was made wavy and some were curled at the end.

    I went to the gift's shop and chose a photo frame which was big and it could fit the photos of their friendship. I glanced at the jewellery shop which was in front of this shop.

  I don't know what came over me, but my legs brought me to that shop. Then I got a plan of proposing Manik. I will buy him a ring and propose him for marriage. So I brought a ring having a heart shape and letters 'M','N' craved on it. I smiled at my idea and decided to execute it tomorrow with the help of Deepa, Diya and Sakshi.

..........................................................................

  I reached the address only to witness an abandoned street. At least there should be two to three cars, but there were none. I immediately called Mukti and Aliya only to reach my message to voice mail. I was very much angry, but it soon vanished when I noticed the place around me. This was the place where me and Manik met first time. Just thinking about it makes me blush. I thought of seeing the lake which was near by.

  I reached the lake which was well decorated with lanterns, flowers, some decorative colourful ribbons and beautiful lights. I followed the path which was made of flower petals. I saw many children were standing on the shore of the lake with some flash lights. "Nandini" someone called from back and I turned to witness a very nervous Manik. I wanted to ask many questions but Manik did not leave me.

  "Nandini, this the place where I met my Tenshi, this is the place where I got another life because of my Tenshi, this is the place where my life changed completely after meeting my Tenshi, this is the place where I got peace after very success in my life, thinking I can find my Tenshi. Today in the presence of this wonderful environment, innocence of children, family and friends." He kneeled in front of me showing a velvet box and opening it to reveal the same heart shaped ring that I took two hours ago. "I Manik. Malhotra, ask my Tenshi, aka Nandini. Murthy. Will you marry me?"

  I was stunned by the revelation. I couldn't form words. I removed the velvet box I brought and kneeled in front of him.

  "I was a woman who stopped believing in love after my family's issue. You mended my heart by the same love of yours. When I stopped trusting people, you showed me whom to and how to trust. Whenever I needed someone for comfort, you came for me without me calling you. You never said through words, but your actions showed of the statement 'I am here'. I will only marry you, if you marry me. Are you ready to call me Mrs. Malhotra for the rest of the life Mr. Malhotra?" I asked to which I could hear hooting sounds from every where.

 We exchanged our rings and we were joined by our families and friends who congratulated us. My family was also present here. I should give them earful for not telling me, but common even you liked their surprise. My subconscious gave me some undeniable truth. "Why do you call me Tenshi Manik?" I asked him to which he smiled "Tenshi means angel in Japanese. You are my angel." His statement made me blush thousands shades of red.  

  "Now common tell me whose idea was it?" I asked totally excited. "I was Manik's idea to propose you where you both first met. We all just helped him to get success in his idea." this was Harshad who was totally proud. I saw everyone who were proud and Manik's mom was having tears in her eyes.

  And me, I am totally excited for my wedding.