14.The Breakdown

Thank you for the numerous votes and comments. Silent readers please do vote and I would like to request you all to share my story if you like it.

________________________________________________

   I took the appointment of Kashi. Marihal who treated my mother. But I need to go on coming Sunday, as Dr. Marihal is in Jammu and Kashmir for bringing orphan kids from there. Today is Monday and I need to go to work. Suddenly a red file caught my eyes. I examined it and then it flashed to my mind. It's Manik's file. I took my hand bag, keys and locked my apartment. I took a cab and went into flashback of when did he left it.

 FLASHBLACK

    When everyone bid their farewell I was relaxing at evening, I heard my door bell ring. I opened my door to greeted by my ex-fiancé and my stepsister. "What are you doing here?" first of all I didn't forgive them for their deed and now they are here to show their rhino like faces. "Can we come in?" I wanted to scream on Kartik to not to step in but I am very generous to allow them.

  They took seat and it is Sakshi who opened her mouth. "Come back home. Dad is not talking with anyone properly. Even he is avoiding me. I don't want any family issues during my marriage." She said this with full attitude, her expression gave me the hint someone behind it. "Why would I listen you?" I asked to which she was shocked.

  "Me being a step daughter cannot see her father in grief. How can you be so heartless?" she asked as if she knows the one who is heartless and I am very much glad to put 'who is heartless' in her pea sized brain.

   I mockingly laughed at her "Me? Heatless?" I pointed towards me. "You know you are the one who snatched my father, my happiness, my family from me and I am heartless!" I yelled at her. "4 years back when I ran away, I messaged my new number to dad. Do you know why I messaged? I had called him for 10 times and he didn't pick up. I expected him to call me first on my birthday but everyone in my friend's circle and some cousins wished me except my own family. Now tell me who is heartless?" I asked with tears breaming my eyes. I really tried to control it but whenever I think of my family it flows like it has no off button.

   "Get out " I yelled to which both scurried out of my apartment but the tears were still flowing freshly.  I felt someone hugging me, when I looked up it was Manik. Without thinking I hugged him and cried my heart out. He hugged me with repeating some soothing words.

  END OF FLASHBACK

  I think he left the file when he came to my apartment yesterday. I entered the building. It is 7:00 am, so no one is in reception. An old man was cleaning the floor so I asked him about Manik's cabin.

   I headed towards the conference room where meeting was held according to the cleaner. I knocked the door, slowly the door was opened by a girl of my age. She had a thick black hair which was curled only in front. She had a peanut skin colour, with a beautiful physique. I was snapped into the reality by an old man of 56 to 58 year who looked angry. I saw Manik and showed the file which was in my hand.  His eyes widened in shock, he quickly ran to me and took the file with a thank you.

  I went to fetch breakfast as it is only 8:00 am and my duty start at 9:00. After 9:00am I was introduced to my team. I assigned the work and told them the details. It was launch break and I was heading to office cafeteria. I was suddenly welcomed by bone crushing hug with "Thank you, thank you, thank you..." finally I realised I might die from the hug and said "Can't breath.." this released me from the sweet death trap of Manik.

  "If you had not brought this file. My parents would have killed me and the company would face a great loss." he said keeping his hand on my shoulder and leading somewhere. "Where are we going?" I asked confused. He may be the owner but my lunch ends at 2:00 pm and I need to complete the scheduled work. "I have invited fab5 for lunch and Aliya is giving treat" he said full excited.

   "You guys had treat by Deepa for 2 days. You are still not satisfied?" I wanted to bang my head for the number of treats this week. "Fab5 have a special quality, they will never get tired of getting treat from anyone." I was greeted by the couple sitting on the table. The male looked familiar to me. I remembered after digging my memory. He was the one who glared at me during conference. "Nandini, meet my parents Mr. Raj. Malhotra and Mrs. Neyonika. Malhotra." he introduce and I wanted to run away from here.