6. Volcano Eruption

Morning came too fast to me. I wanted to sleep a little more but I couldn't as my dear grand pa wanted me to get up as the morning 4:00 am  for him was too late. I decided against arguing as I need to do the preparation to show the true colours of Sakshi. I called all the close members of family so that I can officially declare my engagement is broken. It was breakfast time and I saw Sakshi coming to dining in her night wears. Her eyes were blood shot and her hairs were practically a bird nest.

 "How are you Sakshi?" I choked on my drink when I heard my grand pa saying this to Sakshi so lovingly. When grand pa ate the first bite of break fast "Wow Savitri, breakfast is amazing." he said. I took the first bite only to cough because it was too salty. "Eww, you call this breakfast? Rishab cooks better than this. Grand pa, my mom prepared better than this why didn't you compliment?" I said to which he was at the loss of words. "I will tell you because my mother was your wife's choice and she gave birth to a girl first not the boy. Right?" I asked, a thick silence enveloped even dad was here listening to me.

  "Why did you call all of us here Vishnu?" one of the guest asked my dad entering the dining room. "He did not call uncle, I did. Let others come too." I said and soon the breakfast was finished and others were gathered in living room along with Kartik's family.

  "I have invited all of you to inform that I am calling off this alliance." I heard a gasp and The elder son of Savitri was tensed. I think his name is Raghav. My father stormed to me and whispered "What the hell are you talking?" I ignored him royally and continued. "I came to know that Kartik is cheating behind my back even after our engagement." I said.

  "What proof do you have? We are showing some mercy by forming alliance with a girl like you and you being.." I didn't let her complete her sentence by showing my palm. "First let me play something for you." I said with full saccharine smile and played the video. When the video ended everyone was shocked including my dad, grand pa, Savitri. I saw Sakshi with sweat forming on her forehead as well as with Kartik.

  I looked towards Kartik's mom and she was hiding her face. "I don't need such a douche as my fiancé. I have my career to concentrate. I don't need your mercy my ex future mother in law." I said in mocking tone. I turned to my dad. " I thought you loved my mom and I appreciate it till now. But you forgot to love us dad. I ran away from you so you could call me ask for forgiveness. I changed the cell number and messaged you to call me because you were not receiving my call. I waited, I waited dad on my each birthday and everyday of these past 4 years but I didn't get any call from you guys." I wiped the tears that were formed and took a pause.

 "If you think I don't know that this alliance was a deal between Mr. Raghav and Malhotras to raise a fashion house with both of their investment, then you are not smart enough to understand me. Mr. Raghav offered my hand to Kartik. Malhotra instead of money and you, dad tried to practically sell me to gain profits. I thought my dad was hero, kind hearted man, the man my mom loved to the core but now I see a different man who sold me to gain profits. how stoop did you go dad?" I asked still tears falling from my face like rivers and I removed all the frustration I bolted in my heart.

 "Okay, last time you all declared that I ran away right? Now I will go because I am not running away. I am abandoning my family for my late mother who struggled to keep this house happy even though she was hurt in many ways. I have called my friends to collect all my mom's belongings and nobody, I mean nobody is allowed to touch my mom's belongings. " I said and collected my luggage which was packed and headed out of my house which I considered.

  I suddenly got the call of my boss. How did he get my Indian number. "What the hell is this Miss. Murthy? How can you leave India without informing? I was at the verge of firing you. You should definitely thank your stars." he said and I rolled my eyes at his statement. I had emailed my boss about the situation and he granted me leave without any objection. He is second to the command of my boss who I am currently talking.

  "Give the phone to boss." I said to which he was going to start another argument but I cut him off  "Give. The. Phone. To. Boss " I said in more stern voice and at last it worked.

  " How is your dad Murthy? " he asked and I can recognise tension in his cold voice. " It was a lie. I am coming to USA." I said controlling my sobs. I think he recognised it " Hey, it's okay and about coming to USA, you are not coming. There is a project I will mail you the details and your stay is also messaged, please check it" He said. I think he is busy.

  A fresh start of my new life.