17. Reason Of Death

Thanks a lot for the votes and comments. Please share my story if you like it.

_______________________________________

  The cool breeze that were fanning on my face was like a bliss, calmness. I saw Manik who was sitting peacefully driving ahead. I remembered how he used to drop and pick me from my office. I had not accepted his favour but his words made me change my mind. 'We need to act like we are together don't forget it' I felt my heart tightening when he said that but I brushed it off.

  We are heading to meet Kashi. Marihal. About Navya and Kabir, Deepa and I need to device a plan, but at least they blush when they face each other. The car was brought into stop in front of a big gate. When I stepped out, the view was amazing. I entered the gate greeted with a huge garden with flowers, vegetables, trees, creepers and many other things. It was not organized but the children playing there made it negligible of the defects in garden. I admired every quotes written on the walls of building.

   We entered the cabin of Dr Marihal which was shown by his PA. I saw him, he was sitting on his chair and his face evident of his age. His grey hairs fell on his fore head, the wrinkles appeared on his forehead. I approached him with a hello which was responded with equal kindness. "Sir, I came here to talk about my late mother who was your patient when you worked in 'Suryakanti Cancer Hospital."

Doctor: I will try my best to remember if you could tell her name.

 Thank god, by the help of Rishika I had brought my Mom's case file. I gave it to him with my mom's one of the photograph. He examined it and his eyes widened.

Doctor: I know Mrs. Murthy, Are you her daughter?

 I nodded with confusion as it would be very much difficult to recognise any patients.

Doctor: I searched her family to tell the truth. When I was kicked from my post, I tried to get information about your mother but the hospital authorities didn't give it as it would tarnish their reputation if the truth was out. I got Mrs. Murthy's working address. When I went, it was an orphanage where I ended with dead end, but I got to know her character. She is one of the reason why I am here, not killing myself after my whole family's death.

 Even if I say I hate my family does not mean I wish they should end up with death. I don't know how he survived but I would be completely broken if I was in his state. I was brought back to the reality by Manik's voice.

Manik: What truth you were talking about?

 I forgot the purpose I came for, in this family battle of my mind. I appreciate Manik for not distracting himself.

Doctor: The last time I checked Mrs. Murthy and I could give you a guarantee that she could live for at least a year. Even she was at the half of her third stage of cancer but her body responded in an unbelievable way. But next day when I came to tell her the good news of her discharge, I was forbidden to go to her ward. An intern at that time went instead of me for her check up. I heard that she died of heart attack, so I hurried to inform the authorities of this whole irrelevant matter, only to be kicked out of hospital. I thought that the reason of her death was chemical.

Me: What do you mean by chemical?

 Doctor: Actually there was a rumour of new chemical which was being experimented on humans and many died of heart attack, but the chemical was not recognised in their blood or any of the body parts. I thought of it had to be that chemical.

Me: Do you know the name of the chemical?

Doctor: No, but I can give the number of the person who can give the details of it.

Manik: Doctor we have certain photos of interns at that time who were involved in illegal activities. Can you recognise the intern who may have caused the death of Mrs. Murthy? 

Wow, I didn't know Manik is so much smart. Of coursewhen a dumb sees a person who have got more information then he appears to be smart. I wanted to kill my subconscious for referring me as dumb. 

Doctor: I will try my best.

Manik: Then we will send the list through your mail sir.

Doctor: Ok.

Me: We will take our leave. Thank you sir for your precious time.

  I took the number and headed towards car, where as Manik kept talking to Dr Marihal. In the way I saw some girls playing hop scotch. How can a champion resist hop scotch. "Can I play with you?" I asked the girls who were of different age. They seemed like judging my appearance and one of them took my hand and declared me as her partner. Wow I am about to play hop scotch with partner.