27.Realization

I want to thank all my voters a lot for their supports. Many of them have commented on how interesting certain chapters were. I literally jumped by all the comments of the story. It means a lot for me. I want to thank all those who added my story to their reading lists and library. Silent readers please do vote. Last but not the least, if you like my story then please share it.

_______________________________________________

  I am scared. Ok strike it, I am terrified hearing about the murder of Dr Arora. Thank god! Aliya and Druv were saved from any allegations and I have handed them the antidote file. I am currently in Aliya's house where fab5 have joined. Harshad has some investigation to carry on, so he gave me the responsibility of Aliya, who was literally shaking during investigation.

  Aliya is sleeping in her room after hearing a lot of soothing words. I think there is something connection between me investigating my mother's murder and these murders. Druv entered Aliya's room with a tired smile on his face. "I am sorry Druv, I never wanted to involve you people but you kept the condition that I couldn't help, but take your help. Because of me..." I was cut off by Druv's words. "No, It's not you. Never ever say that Nandini. I know how does it feels when your parent is dead. I lost my dad at the age of 14 Nandini and I know how it feels. At least I had my mother who cared, but she did not marry an outsider who would be my stepfather." His statement eased me to some extent. I left the room giving some space to the couple.

  I went out to get some fresh air. I guess everyone is sleeping. I was feeling a bit of cold which was brought due to the cool breeze. Someone draped their coat on my shoulders and it was none other than Manik. "I don't need it" I tried to give it back to him, but Manik is stubborn, just like my brother. "Manik if you are trying to make a film scene, where a male lead drapes his coat on female lead, who blushes and hugs the male lead then they do all PDA blah blah blah, then you are mistaken, as I am not one of the female lead to blush." I said to which he chuckled. "That's the thing I love you sweetheart." this made my face to heat up.

  I kept on chanting in my head 'don't blush' 'don't blush'....."I thought you slept." I said without turning to him and enjoying the breeze. "When my moon is here, why should I sleep?" I thought he wanted to watch the moon but today was new moon day. "Manik there will not be any moon." I said searching for moon "It is in front of me." damn this hormones. Nobody ever complimented me like this. It is dark which hides my face from Manik, which is now like red moon. "Manik why are you being so cheesy." I asked not turning. If he came to know that I am blushing he will tease me for my earlier statements.

   "I want your smile which you lost since that Kabir's and Mukti's statements." It was in deed true. I forgave them but somewhere in that statement there was truth. I was ready to become Manik's fake girlfriend, as he agreed to help me. It was like, give and take. But now I cannot think of anything without taking Manik's opinion or without talking to him. It gives me the relief that someone is there. "Manik it's not.." Manik cut me off by placing a finger.

  "Your not a gold digger, you are also not the one who is breaking my friendship. Do you know who you are?" he asked to which I looked at him confused of his questions.

"You are a brave daughter of your mother. Cupid of Kabir. Reason for Druv and Aliya's happiness. Last but not the least, you are my shining star, who manages to shine even in her most difficult situation. Of course our relationship was based on give and take, but we ended up here Nandini. I know you don't give a sit about my charms, my properties or money. You will love me whole heartedly that's the reason I love you Nandini."

  By now tears were steaming from my face. I never knew I am not a zero. When I was a kid I thought I was just a zero as per my grandpa. Now I don't feel like I am nothing. I know one thing now that no matter what, Manik will not leave me. I didn't wait for a second before standing on my toes and pressing my lips against his. I didn't move and he was stiff for few seconds, then he started his spells which resulted in a delicious pleasure I wanted to experience. The kiss was soft, tender and passionate at same time. When I pulled off, Manik had a grin on his face. "You are giving me a lot of surprises now a days. Come let's go inside. We need to take rest to face further challenges. I smiled and went inside with his hands on my waist, my head on his chest. I wanted stop all the time and enjoy this moment. I came to a conclusion which brought a smile. First I was confused of my feelings, but now I know one thing.

  I Love Manik. I will love him for eternity.