22. There Was No Betrayal

Thanks a lot for the votes and comments. Sorry once again for not updating yesterday. Please share it if you like my story. I am getting a lot of new readers. I am glad that my story is liked by many of them.

_______________________________________

 Some habits which we can't get rid of it, is called addiction. I know the most powerful addiction of fab5, that is partying in my apartment. Manik went to his house all happy and others too. I am cleaning the house with Diya who is talking about all her relationship status. Her experience in relationship, if recorded it will be empty as she didn't have any boyfriend in past. My door bell rang and when I opened I wanted to dig the grave of the people in front of me.

 There stood my stepbrother, Raghav, my stepmother, Savitri and a lady of her age but she was bit a younger. They entered my apartment by Diya's consent as she don't know anything about them. I sat in front of them with my eyes down, hands crossed. "It was not your father's mistake." Raghav said to which I saw him surprised. I never talked him. "It was me who made the mistake."

  "When my mom's and your father's marriage was fixed, I said to your father that I will convince you but I was selfish. Sakshi lost her father when she was 12. I wanted her to experience all the love that father gives and she was in love with your father at first meet. I never called you. When you came to the house, I knew the truth was truth so I tried to sneak into your room at night when everyone was sleeping to convince you. Even your father don't know that I never informed you. He thinks that you didn't agree for his wedding. At that night you were gone keeping the letter of goodbye."

  I closed my eyes not to lash out on him. "I thought, if I fix your wedding, then I can redeem my sins, but that too went to vein when my own sister didn't inform of her love life. Your father is a gentleman Nandini. He didn't think twice before fixing Sakshi's wedding as he treats her as his own child. Please don't blame him. It was me who did all this. You give me any punishment I will bear it, but please not him." his eyes showed guilt, hurt, the unbearable regret. I wanted to punish myself. How can I do that to my own father. "I had messaged him my number then why didn't he called me?" I asked.

  "When you went to USA, his cell fell into pool due to some kids who visited our home and about your birthday we all used to go to a temple in in your native and unfortunately there would be no signal. We all used to go there praying your well being. "I know, my native was very much out of range. It would take at least a day to travel as there was no proper roads. "Sorry I forgot to introduce myself." The lady that came along with these said who was walking to me from washroom. She asked the way to her destiny from Diya as we were busy discussing.

 "I am Kanika. Mathur, younger sister of Savitri." she held her hand to which I shook with my name. "I am sorry, because of me you are away from your father, but please don't say you hate him, because he is the one who loves you even after you hate him" this was from Savitri who said her last sentence before leaving. Diya closed the door and hugged me tightly. I needed it. I cried and thought of all the horrible things I told my father.

 It was Raghav and his family who were responsible for the separation of me and my father. The main reason I hated my father was his not informing his second marriage. I hate myself for saying such horrible things to him. He forgave me for every mistake I did in past after ensuring that I rectified it but I never thought that my father had every reason to commit his mistake or has his reasons for doing such an act. I should rectify my mistake, I should solve this.

  I will call Manik and inform him everything. I should also think of a way to ask forgiveness from my father and Manik can give me some suggestion. Am I stressing Manik too much as he is helping me in everything. Wait, in all the troubles I thought of Manik first not even Deepa. Am I in love with him? If yes, then I will be the most confused soul in the world. When I was about to call Manik, his call came. By hearing the news, I never thought that I would be in cloud nine.

  "Get ready Nandini, I found the doctor who injected the 'Inakil' to your mother's body."