42.After The Nightmare

Thanks to all of them who have given their support for me. Silent readers please do vote.

_____________________________________

  I opened my eyes to close instantly due to the glaring light. I tried to adjust to the light and finally accomplished it. The first thing I saw was a celling of white colour. I turned towards my left to witness Manik resting his head on the chair and sleeping. I tried to call him, but my voice was not reaching him. Ok, even I could not hear it. Then I remembered the kick given by psycho Kanika.

  There was an empty steel glass, so I took it and threw it on the floor resulting it to make noise, enough to wake Manik. Manik jolted awake and ran to me. I gestured him to give me some water. He helped me to get up and handed me the water. He brought the doctor, aka Diya who came with a smile when I was done drinking.

 "How do you feel?" she asked checking my pulse. "I feel like shit" I told annoyed of the medicine smell which I hate it with utmost passion. She chuckled at my response and exit the ward after checking my other vitals. "So, What happened?" I asked once Diya was out.

  "Kanika is in mental health care. I am sorry I couldn't save you from her kicks. I feel so..." I did not let him complete. "No, you are not at fault Manik. Please don't fret over it." I said to which he sighed and sat on the stool which was kept at left side. "After Kanika kicked you, Mukti couldn't tolerate and she slapped her about 5 to 6 times. She was even ready to give her kick, but Harshad called lady constables in time. When you passed out I brought you here and they treated you."

   "When I am going home?" I asked to which he smiled "Even I don't know." he said. "Manik go home and take rest. I think it's morning now. Whole night you took care of me and now you need rest." I said in a stern tone just like mother. "I will, once Raghav and fab5 reaches." he said and yawned showing how sleepy he was.

  "Good morning!!" Aliya and Mukti said entering the ward. I saw Manik whose mouth was hung so I closed it "You may catch fly." I said and laughed at his expression. "Aliya, I never in my dreams thought that you will be so early. I need to get an umbrella. I am damn sure sun is going to hide under clouds, and rains are about to fall as Aliya got up early." he said in a dreamy expression, but his head was smacked by Aliya who was glaring.

  I wanted to laugh at how they are fighting but my ribs would say not to laugh too much indicating some soreness. When Manik went from ward, I asked the first question that was bugging me "How did Raghav and Kartik reached the action scene?" My question was answered by Aliya "When we were coming here, Mukti's crap car broke down. Thank god!! Raghav and Kartik who were coming from airport noticed us and we told them everything we found." Aliya said glaring at Mukti.

..................................................................................

 It is now few days of my discharge and life has changed drastically. Harshad is getting married to Deepa and surprisingly Raghav is getting married to Diya. First I was hell shocked by the revelation, but Deepa explained me how Raghav was interested in Diya who took care of me in hospital and they became friends. After Sakshi was given the bail, she immediately noticed them and talked about the alliance with Diya's mother. I can see Diya and Raghav are happy.

  Both the couples are getting married next month. I am totally busy handling my house work and office work. I have moved into my home now to support my family. Well, the relation between Sakshi is like sisters, but I cannot define that same thing to Savitri. I look her as friend, as I still cannot give the place of my mother, but she is happy with it. Savitri came running towards door with worry.

  I ran along with her. "Savitri, What's wrong?" I asked to which she hugged me like her life dependent on it. "Kan...Kanika killed hers....herself" she said sobbing. I was stunned. I knew Kanika was a murderer and I should hate her for all she did to me, but I feel sorry for Savitri. What did she do? She just loved her sister even she may be a criminal. "Neither Raghav nor Sakshi is ready to come with me" she said.

 "You go ahead I will talk with Raghav." I said and sent her with a driver. "Raghav, please don't hurt your mother." I said as soon as I entered his room. Raghav is just like my father, but a lot of over protective. He used to send me with bodyguard everywhere even for the dates with Manik. Thank god guard understood me and gave some privacy to me. "What about you?!!" he yelled, "Were you not hurt? Were you not hurt for almost ten years?!!" he yelled.

  I closed my eyes to control myself. "Raghav, one should learn how to forget and forgive. I have learnt through from my past mistakes. Kanika did that to me, but she loved you guys so please just visit her once. You will feel relieved. And I am coming with Sakshi." I said and started pushing him to which he groaned and obliged.

  Well, I visited Kanika the last time with Sakshi. I never knew what made her do this, but I knew she regretted it somewhere.