Chapter 1

"Lauren.. I love you" he said as we got seated at the café. Every day in the summer we went to Wayne's coffee for lunch, after some shopping of course. "I love you too Jason" I said and smiled. "No, don't you understand? I really love you.. Not as a friend anymore, I wanna be with you for the rest of my life. I want you to be mine!" I could see he was nervous, this was a shock.. I looked in the eyes of my best friend since pre-school. We've been trough alot together. When his mother died, I lived at his house for six months. I love him more than anyone, but not like this.. "Jason I can't.." I saw he got dissapointed. Of all the times I've seen the pain in his eyes, this was the worst. "Is there someone else?" He asked and looked at me nervously. "Of course not! I just.. Don't have those feelings for you.. I'm sorry" I said as he stood up. "Where are you going?" I asked. "I got nothing here to do anymore. Have a nice life Lauren, thanks for everything." He said and picked up his bags and leaved. I was shocked. The tears started to stream down my face and I just realized what happened. I lost him..

I got up to leave the café, but couldn't find my bags. What was this? It was right here a minute ago. Jason must have taken it with a mistake... I started to hulk when I realized I left my phone and purse in the bag. I don't have money for the bus home! And I can't call anyone to pick me up.. Great! Left alone in Sydney all by myself. I stormed out from the café in tears, not caring about the people looking. My mascara already made me look like a ghost. I ran down the street, trying to get as far away as I could. Didn't wanna be here, didn't wanna see the faces looking. Before I knew it I ran into someone who lost all of his papers on the street. "I'm so sorry!" I cried and helped him pick them up. "No, it's okay" he said with an cute accent and deep voice. Not before I stood up I saw how he looked like. Very attractive, I must say. Dark hair and beautiful brown eyes.. I could get lost in them. "Are you okay?" He asked, kinda worridly. He looked me in my eyes and it felt like my whole life was making sense. "Actually not.. My bestfriend left and accidentely took my bag, where I have my phone and money, I can't get home.." I said and blushed. "Where do you live? You can borrow my phone. Girls like you shouldn't be alone." He said and smirked. "I live just some kilometers away, and thank you!" I said as he handed me the phone. I typed in the number to my grandma. She always picked me up when I called.

"She'd be here in 30 minutes, thanks again." I said as I handed the phone back to him. "Then I'll entartain you meanwhile." He smiled. His smile. It was so attractive. It looked like sunshine mixed with unicorns and happiness. I could watch it forever. He lead me over to a bench some meters away and we sat down. "So.. What is a beautiful girl like you doing here all alone?" He blushed as he spoke. "I was here with my bestfriend Jason, and.. He told me he loved me. I do love him but not in the same way. And then he took my bags and here I am." I laughed slightly. "To bad for him. I hope you're okay.. Even tho you look like a ghost." He couldn't keep his laugh back and neither could I. He was cute! "Who are you?" I asked him. He looked confused. "Like.. What's your name?" He smiled at me and told me his name was Calum. Calum Thomas Hood he said. But I could call him Calum. "I'm Lauren by the way. Lauren Beales. You can call me Lauren." I said and smiled. "Hi Lauren." He said and laughed an childish laugh. Weird humour. I like it..

We talked for the next 30 minutes. We talked about music mostly. I found out he was kinda into punk rock, just like I am! I also told him about my secret crush on one direction. He laughed at me then! He said I'd never meet them, but they sing good. So I told him I was marrying Niall Horan when I got older, no matter what. Keep dreaming girl he told me. He told me he loved Fall out boy. Was this the boy of my dreams? One time when Fall out boy were in Sydney on tour, he snuck in with his cousin. I remember when they were here. I was praying to god that they would magically come outside my house and play.. God didn't hear the prayers! I told him I was 14 and he said I looked older. He was 16. And after those 30 minutes of talking, I had forgotten everything about Jason.

When my grandma arrived, it was time to say bye. "Hey can I have your number?" He asked while I was getting up. "Sure!" I said and smiled at him. I gave him my number and hugged him goodbye. It was the best hug I ever got, and I didn't wanna let go. But at last, we had to let go. My grandma was waiting. "Goodbye Calum." I said and smiled at him. "See ya later Lauren." He smiled and took off. I looked at him while he was walking away. He turned his head and smiled one last time before he went around the corner. Butterflies!

When I got in the car, grandma asked what happened. I told her everything about Jason. She told me it was his loss. I wish I had my phone here so I could text Calum..

"So grandma, what's up with grandpa?" I asked my grandma while she was driving home. "What's up? Oh honey, nothings up with him anymore." She said and laughed. "Eeew grandma! No! I meant like what's been going on lately?" I said and tried to get the sight out of my head. "Oh his alright.. Sometimes he forgets everything though, and I have to remind him of who I am and our family.." She said and sounded sad. I remember the day we found out he had alzheimers. That was a sad day. It started out with that he didn't find ghe way home after a walking around in the neightbourhood. My grandma got suspicious and took him to the doctor. They said he had few years left. When my mum told me, it was like an sword in my heart. I spended everyday of summer vacation at my grandparent's house. I wanted as much time as I could with him. That was 2 years ago. Now he doesn't even remember my name. But he knows it's me. I still go over sometimes, to check up on him and make sure he's alright. My grandpa was always there for me when I was younger, so I will be there for him every day.

The drive home was long, but at last we got there. Grandma let me out by my house and I kissed her goodbye and waved. Our house was blue and had two floors. We moved here 5 years ago cause my dad got a work here. I live together with my mum and dad and we're a happy little family.

The door was open, which was weird cause both of my parents were at work. I didn't assume anything was wrong until I saw a pair of green sneakers, exactly the same as Jason has.. He can't be here? "Hello?" I asked nervously as I walked into the livingroom. There he sat, with his back against me. "What are you doing here?" I asked when he turned around to face me. "I accidentely got your bags.. Figured out it was a reason to come and see you." He said and smirked. I got nervous. He looked evil, like he was going to hurt me. But I'm not afraid of him. "Jason you need to go. Now. I don't feel the same about you and I never will." I said and walked over to him. I tried to push him out but he was too strong for me. "I'm not going until you tell me who this Calum guy is. He's been texting you alot the past hour." He said and pushed me hardly at my shoulder so I fell in the sofa. "That's none of your buisness, now get out of my house." I said and got up. He came closer and pulled me down on the coach. "Tell. Me. Who. He. Is." He said as he got more angry. "Get out!" I screamed and kicked his leg. "Fine, it's your decision. But if I can't have you, no one can." He said in a threating way and pulled up a gun from his pocket. "What the hell Jason? Are you gonna kill me?" Now i was really scared. He couldn't do that, he's Jason..

"Let's just say, I'm taking you to a better place." He said. He loaded the gun, he pulled the trigger...