Chapter 16

*Lauren's P.O.V*

"We're going to New Zealand?!" Calum squealed of joy when he noticed the tickets inside of the envelope. His parents looked over at me and gave me a cheeky smile.

"We're going there. Me and you Calum." I said softly and walked over to him for a hug. "Vacation on our own?" He asked confused and looked at me.

"Our parents thought it would be a nice gift." I smiled and hope he didn't feel dissapointed. A smile grew on his face and he kissed my lips before running over to his parents and hugged them tight. "Thank you guys so much! This is the best gift ever!" He said while hugging everyone, like a little child.

His reaction made me happy, and I coulndn't wait to leave! It was gonna be so good to just have some alone time.

"And when are we leaving, my love?" He asked and sat next to me on the couch. "Tomorrow morning." I kissed his cheek and said happy birthday one more time.

***

"Babe are you ready?" Calum asked and walked into the room. We were going to his favorite resturant for birthday dinner. Or, that's what he thought.

It was actually a surprise birthday party, with his family, the band mates and some old school friends.

I hope he was gonna be surprised. "Yeah, just done." I said and got my bracelet on. I've wore that bracelet every day since Calum gave it to me!

"You look stunning." He said and kissed the back of my neck while standing behind me. It sent shivers down my spine.

"Thank you." I whispered and leaned my head against him. I closed my eyes just for a little second, maybe I was a bit tired? That can't happen now.

He took my head and lead me outside the house. Since the resturant was just a few blocks away, we decided to walk.

I told him his parents had gone away, and I could see the sad look im his eyes when he realized that his parents weren't gonna be here for his birthday. I hope the surprise makes him happy!

"So, you exited for tomorrow?" I asked while we were walking down the dark street. "I can't wait! Best place with the best girl." He smiled and pulled me closer.

The air was getting chilly, so it was nice to have his arms around me.

"Here we are." I said as we walked up to the little resturant. His parents rented the whole place.

He gave me a little smile and went to open the door. I slowly walked behind him, didn't wanna ruin it.

"SURPRISE!" Was the only thing I heard, before something landed on me and made me fall on the ground.

The next thing I heard was Calum's laughter. "This is so cool! You scared the crap out of me though! You okay babe?" Calum spoke up and got off me. He took my hand and help me up.

I just laughed it off, it was kinda funny. Then we atleast know that he got surprised!

Calum walked off to his parents and hugged them one more time. Then he went to talk to his band mates and some other friends.

It was nice to see him like this, he was smiling and having fun.

We sang the birthday song to him, and he blew out the lights on his cake. "I wish-" he started to say before someone interupted him. "Don't say what you wish! Then it won't come true!" An unfamiliar voice said from behind him.

He chuckeled and didn't continue the sentence.

The cake was good! It was a mixture of Calum's favorite flavours, which I got sick of thinking about together in one cake.

Caramel, mint and orange? Like who even likes that together? I realized I did! Until I found out what really was in it.

The hours were passing by, and some people left while some arrived. Calum had me in his arms the whole night, something i didn't mind.

It was good. People were always awwing at us, something that made me blush.

After some hours, my eyes was hard to hold open. I told Calum and he called a cab to take me home. He said I shouldn't stay up late, cause we're leaving early tomorrow!

So I took the cab home, and went straight to bed. I didn't have to think about pack my suitcase, I already did that when Calum's mum came up with the idea.

****

"Honey wake up! Calum's parents are here in 5 minutes." I heard my mum yell from outside my door. I quickly got up and found the clothes I put on the chair the day before, so I would be all set.

In the livingroom, my dad was watching TV, and mum ran around in the house like a freak. "Got your passport?" She asked while going trough my purse, again. "Mum you're the one with the purse." I answered with my sleepy voice. 

To be honest, I hate getting up early. It's the worst thing ever. Like, what's even the point? 

"They're here!" I heard my mum scream while I was chewing on a piece of bread. "Okay." I mumbeled and walked over to my dad for an hug. "I love you, be safe." He said when I pulled away. I only nodded my head for an answer, I didn't want to start crying.

"Bye honey, have a nice vacation." Mum said and hugged me tight. "Thanks." I said and tried to smile, but it ended in a tear falling down my cheek. I never been on vacation without my parents.

She kissed my forhead before I took my bag and walked over to the car. 

"Hi honey." Calum's mum smiled and took my bag to the back of the car. I got seated in the back seat with Calum, who greeted me with a big kiss. "You ready?" He smiled and I nodded my head. I waved at my parents while we were driving away, and I could see the pain in my mum's eyes. 

She knew I was gonna be fine, but still.. What if anything happens?