Chapter 1 - Party Time

Millie's POV

I've been texting this guy on tinder for about two months now. I swiped right and he immediately matched with me, ever since then we've been talking almost every day.

He's so sweet and romantic, even though we've never met. I haven't even seen his face yet. I don't even know his name! We've decided to keep the names private until we are sure we trust each other. He tells me that he is considered popular in school, and that he's considered the "bad boy" in school. I'm not sure how that's possible, he is the sweetest guy I've talked to.

"Hey, Mom, Sadie is here to pick me up for the party!" I say, waving to her.

"Okay, remember your curfew is midnight!" She yells as I head out the door.

"Hey Saids!" I say.

"Hey, how's it going with mystery boy?" She asks me, talking about the guy on tinder. She knows about literally everything in my life, since she is my best friend.

"It's good. I mean as good as it can get with not knowing a guy personally." I say, both of us laughing. "He is so sweet and I just wish I could meet him in real life."

"Where does he live? Why don't you guys meet up?" Sadie asks. Her long red hair is flying around the car because the window is open.

"I don't know. All I know is that he doesn't live in this state." I say.

"Oh, that sucks."

-

(the whole time i was writing this scene, the song "girls on film" came on and i was laughing because that's one of the songs during the halloween party on the show)

"Bro, this stuff is crazy, I'm feelin' the buzz already! Millie, you've gotta try some! It's like- it's like its pure fuel!" Caleb says to me and Sadie. We shrug and take some of the drink.

"Woah, this stuff tastes oddly good." I say, chugging the cup and scooping myself some more.

"Yeah! It has a really good, but weird flavor." Sadie says, doing the same.

"LET'S GET HAMMERED!" Jacob, the popular jock dude with a horrible singing voice, says whilst pushing his body up against mine, making me uncomfortable.

"I don't know if I want to go that far, Jacob. I'm just drinking a little bit. If my mom ever found out that I got drunk, she'd send me away to boarding school or something." I say, pushing his body away from mine.

"Come on, Millie. It's not that bad." Maddie says. "She isn't that mean. She'd die without you, since your dad is rarely ever home." She says, shouting over the music.

"Okay, but still. I don't want to get drunk." I say, scooping some more punch.

Everything suddenly seems funny, in a strange way. Everything begins to swirl, and I start feeling weird. Crap. Am I getting drunk? Suddenly I begin to get a bit nauseous.

"Sadie, I don't feel good." I say.

"Well I can't take you home now! I'm so drunk!" She says laughing.

"Ugh!" I say, walking away, getting yanked by the wrist. "What do you want Jacob?"

"Hey baby, I noticed you were feeling a little sick. Do you want me to take you home?" He says.

"Umm, no you're drunk as hell."

"No, no, it's fine." He says, pulling closer.

"No Jacob."

"Okay, well maybe we can just do this..." He says, crashing his lips up against mine.

I push him away violently.

"JACOB STOP!" I yell, everyone's attention turning to me. "YOU AREN'T MY BOYFRIEND."

"Why not? You obviously like me."

"NO I DO NOT. YOU TREAT ME LIKE AN OBJECT AND YOU DON'T TREAT ME LIKE A GOOD BOYFRIEND WOULD, SO WHY WOULD I EVER DATE YOU, EVER AGAIN?"

"Well now everyone in school thinks you like me again." Jacob says, pulling up his phone.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"Oh I may have just taken a little photo while we were kissing. No biggie or anything." He says, taunting me, showing me the photo. "It looks like you were really enjoying that."

"I wasn't, it was awful. Please delete that picture right now." I demand.

"Hmmm. Delete the picture, making my ex happy, or posting the photo as payback for her breaking up with me? I think I'm gonna go with the second one." He says.

"Jacob no please do-" Before I can finish, he clicks post. "JACOB. UGH I HATE YOU SO MUCH. WHAT IF MY MOM SEES THAT???" I slap him in the face.

"Well then we will see what happens..." He says. I walk away angrily to Sadie.

"I'm so sorry, Millie. We can just walk home. I-" Sadie says, getting cut off by me.

"No Sadie. It's fine. I just got kissed by the worst guy in school and he posted it on social media. Everything is going great." I say to her, slurring my words. I was so drunk, I seemed mad. I didn't want to be, but I was.

"Millie I-"

"No it's fine. I'm walking home." I walk away and out the door without waiting for a response.

-

"MILLIE BOBBY BROWN YOU ARE 30 MINUTES LATE!" My mom yells as I walk in the door.

"I know, Mom." I say slurring my words.

"Are you drunk?!" My mom questions. I shrug, lying. I'm totally drunk. "MILLIE BROWN YOU ARE DRUNK. I'M SO DISAPPOINTED IN YOU." She screams.

Ouch that one hurt. I didn't mean to get drunk, it just happened.

"Mom I-"

"I ALSO SEE THAT YOU ARE BACK TOGETHER WITH THAT JERK JACOB?!" She says. She never liked Jacob, but she dealt with him while we were dating..

"No mom, it's not what it looks like. He kissed me and took the picture! I didn't want to kiss him, I swear!"

"We will talk about this in the morning! Go to bed right now!" She screams, pointing towards the stairs.

I run up the stairs crying and immediately decide to text my mystery boy.

Girl: hey can we talk

Boy: yeah, what's up? Is everything ok?

Girl: i'm not sure. I went to a party tonight and accidentally got drunk and then my ex just randomly kissed me, and took a picture whilst doing it. I didn't want him to, but my mom saw the picture and now thinks i'm back with him and i DONT want that.

Boy: oh my gosh i'm sorry. Thats awful. I wish i could just come over and tell your mom that it wasn't true, but thats obviously not gonna happen.

Girl: gosh, i wish i could just come to your school and be your roomate or something so i could get away from all of this crap lol.

Boy: lol yeah that's not gonna happen. You live much too far away.

Girl: i know :(

Boy is typing....

Girl: shoot, my mom is coming and I was supposed to be asleep. Got to go.

Boy: gn

I hear knocks on my door, so I quickly get under my covers and pretend to have been trying to fall asleep.

"Millie?"

"Yeah?" I say groggily, trying to sound sleepy.

"I've made a decision on how I'm going to punish you."

"Can't it wait till the morning?"

"No, you need to start getting packed." Mom says.

"For what?"

"Boarding school."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CLIFFHANGER SORRY