Chapter 16 - Home

Okay, this is likely gonna be a short chapter because I can't think of anything to write for this story. I don't wanna end it just yet but i dont know what to write about. Seriously private message me and send me ideas and i will use them and give credit. Please!

-

Millie's POV

It's closing in on Christmas with two days until then. Tomorrow is Christmas eve.

"I'm staying here at school since my family lives so far away. Are you staying in Ohio or going to Atlanta for Christmas?" Finn asks.

"Honestly I'm not sure. I told Ava that I'd see her at Christmas, but my mom hasn't texted me or anything yet." I say. Suddenly my phone rings and I look down and read Mom. "Speaking of which..." I say, showing my phone to Finn.

"Hey, Mom." I say.

"Hey sweetie! How's Ohio?"

"Good. Why are you calling me? Is everything ok?"

"Well Christmas is coming up and we were wondering when you were flying down? We all miss you a lot." She says.

"Seriously? You kinda seemed to hate me when you made me uh... come to boarding school." I say.

"I'm sorry sweetie. But we really want you to be here for Christmas, especially Ava, Caleb, and Sadie. Apparently Caleb has some news he wants to tell you?"

"Okay. Hold on." I say, putting my hand over the phone so I can talk to Finn.

"What would you do if I decided to go back home? Just for Christmas. I really miss my family and and Sadie and Caleb."

"Millie, it's your family. Of course go. As long as you agree to call me every night." Finn says.

"Hold on." I say to Finn, going back to the phone. "Hey mom, what would you say if I asked if I could bring someone?" I ask, smiling. Finn's eyes widen.

"Ummm..... I guess that would be fine. Who?"

"Umm... You'll see when we get there." I smile.

"Alright... When will you guys come down?"

"We will pack and leave as soon as possible." I say, hanging up the phone.

"Wait what!?" Finn says.

"You heard me. I'm bringing a guest." I say.

"It's so random though." He says, smiling a bit.

"Finn, our whole relationship is a bit random. We started off on tinder and ended up as roommates." I say, getting off the bed.

"You're not wrong there." He says, following me. I pull out our suitcases and plop Finn's right in front of him. "So what, are we just gonna pack and hop on a plane?"

"Yep." I say, pulling out a few shirts.

"Yeah...but it's so last minute. How are you gonna pay for that?" Finn asks.

"My mom gave me multiple plane tickets for the flight back just in case something happened." I say.

"Alrighty then." He laughs.

-

"Bye guys!" I say, getting into the uber, waving to our friends.

"Bye!" They all say.

"Alright, well I guess we're going to Atlanta." Finn says.

"I guess so." I smile, and hold his hand.

About 10 minutes later we get out of the car and head into the airport. We go through security and go to find our gate.

"I hope no old guy drools on me again." I laugh.

"You can have the window seat, and I will sit on the other side, and try not to drool on you." Finn smiles.

"You better not." I say.

"Ok, I won't." He smiles, and gives me a small peck on the lips.

"Gate 11 will now be boarding!" Someone says over the loudspeaker. We board, and find our seats. The plane takes off and I look at the window. I can suddenly see the school. It's huge.

"Alright here we go." Finn says, beginning to look a bit nervous.

"You ok?"

"Well, I'm kinda meeting your family..." He says.

"So?"

"I'm a bit nervous. What if they don't like me. What if they-"

"They'll love you." I smile. "Just like I do."

"Are you sure?" He asks.

"Positive."

-

Once we land, we get off of the plane.

"Finnieeeeeeeee." I whine.

"What?"

"YOU DROOLED ON ME!!" I pout. Finn begins to laugh really hard.

"Oops." He laughs.

"UGHHHH YOU'RE SO ANNOYING FINN WOLFHARD." I say, smacking his shoulder.

We get in an uber and drive to my house. Once we arrive, we don't even have to knock on the door before Ava rushes out.

"MILLIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!" She cheers, hugging me. "Oh?" I turn around to see Finn getting out of the car.

"Hey, Ava." Finn smiles.

"CUTE ROOMMATE FINN!!!!!!!!" She runs up to him, hugging him. He laughs, hugging her back.

"AVA FLO ELIZA BROWN GET BACK INSI-" I hear my mom call as she walks outside. "Millie!" She runs up and hugs me.

"Hey mom." I smile.

"How- woah. Who's this?!" She asks, gesturing to Finn.

"My guest." I smile. Her eyes widen. "Mom, this is Finn. My boyfriend."

"It's nice to meet you Mrs. Brown." Finn smiles.

"Boyfriend?!" She exclaims.

"Mhm."

"I KNEW I KNEW I KNEW!" Ava cheers from behind my mom.

"How did you know and I didn't?" Mom asks.

"When you were gone, we facetimed Sadie and Caleb, and then she found out." I say.

"Oh... Well they're here right now, so you should go visit them. It's nice to meet you Finn." Mom says.

"Ok." I say as we head inside.

"Dinner will be ready soon!" She shouts after me.

"MILLIE!" Sadie shouts from my room.

"MILLIE! FINN!" Caleb cheers.

"Guys oh my gosh I missed you so much!" I say, hugging them.

"How are you guys?" Finn asks.

"We're great!" Sadie smiles.

"DINNER!" My mom calls from downstairs.

"I guess now it's time for Finn over here to make a first impression huh?" Caleb says.

"Yup." He says, walking out the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yeah, that chapter was kinda short, but next chapter Finn is meeting the family so get ready for that.

Go read "Unconditionally"! I'm really happy with where it's going.

Also, woah. In the next few chapters I should be at 1k reads. That's absolutely wild! Thank you guys soooo much!