Chapter 13 - Pudding Shopping

Sorry that I haven't posted in a while. I was working on "Unconditionally." You should read it ;))

-

Jack's POV

We are all in Finn and Millie's room, sitting kinda in a circle. Lizzy and Gaten on one bed, Finn and Millie cuddling on the other, me in between the two beds, and Noah is sitting with Lilia on the floor. Noah and Lilia had recently confessed that they liked each other, and have since gone on like two dates.

"Hey what do you guys wanna do today?" I ask.

"Maybe we can just hang out? We don't really need to go anywhere." Lizzy says.

"Okay, but can one of us go and get some food? Like some chocolate pudding or something because I'm starving." Gaten asks.

"Yeah, I can go." I volunteer.

"Ok. Here's the keys to my car." Lizzy says, tossing them to me.

"I can't drive yet." I laugh. "I'll just walk there. It's not that far."

"Okie dokie." Lizzy says, smiling.

I exit the room and walk to the elevator. I click on floor one, and the elevator begins to move. Once I get out of the elevator, I step outside. It's pretty cold, but not unbearable.

I make it to the store and go inside.

"Excuse me, where could I find chocolate pudding?" I ask the employee.

"Isle 11." He smiles.

"Thank you." I say, returning the smile.

I walk to isle 11 and look for the pudding. As soon as I find it, I grab the sugar free version because it's more healthy then the others. Who am I kidding? It's winter, nobody is looking to have a super fit, summer body! Screw it! Let's be unhealthy. I decide to put it back and grab the normal kind.

I turn and am about to walk out, but I notice a boy staring at me. He is tall and has curly hair. It's kinda a light brown. He's actually really handsome. Like really cute too. Why would I think he is cute?

"Hi." He says.

"Hi." I say, getting out of my trance.

"What- um- where- hi, I'm Wyatt." He laughs, sticking out his hand for me to shake. I do so. His hand is very warm and welcoming. I could just take his hand and walk away with it. What am I thinking?!

"Hi, I'm Jack." I smile.

"Um, I was wondering if you uh-"

"Do you wanna come with me?" I ask. Shit what have I done? He looks at me with a bit of confusion. "I've seen you walking around Alpine, and I have to go back because my friends are waiting on me to bring this pudding." I laugh. "Do you wanna walk back with me and you can meet them?"

"Sure." He smiles.

"Ok, let me just check this out." I'll also check you out. AHH JACK STOP THINKING THIS! YOU CAN'T BE.

As we're walking home, we are walking in silence for a bit. Oddly enough, it's not uncomfortable. I feel this weird electricity between us... I'm not sure what it is, but I like it.

"So why did you stop me?" I ask him. Jack that was a dumb question. He's literally just seen you around the school and wanted to talk. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

"Okay, I know this is gonna sound weird... I saw you and I- I thought you were- uh- kinda cute." Wyatt says. Wyatt thought I was cute?! Shit, shit what do I say? "I'm sorry... That was really weird and it made things totally awkward..."

"No it's ok..." I pause. Could I be gay? I did think that he was really handsome and cute when I first saw him. Plus he's really sweet. I might be... "I honestly don't even know right now. About myself. I saw you and thought you were cute too, but it's just weird you know?" I say. He nods.

"Believe me... I know. I had a girlfriend, but started thinking that this one guy named Jaeden was cute... I wasn't really sure how to deal with it. I think it's all about accepting yourself... You just have to accept who you are, no matter what other people say." Wyatt says.

"Who was your girlfriend?" I ask.

"Sophia Lillis."

"Oh yeah. I know her. She's in my spanish class." I say.

"Yeah. We dated for about three months, and then she noticed that I was acting weird, so she broke up with me."

"Oh. I'm sorry, man." I say.

"It's ok. I can now be gay and free." He laughs, causing me to laugh.

"I don't wanna go into anything too quickly though you know? I don't even know if I could consider myself gay yet." I tell him.

"Yeah. I totally know what you mean." He says.

"Wait so what happened with Jaeden?" I ask.

"Literally nothing. Apparently he had the hots for Millie Brown. So basically same as pretty much every guy at Alpine."

"Hold on! He was hanging out with us the other day, then he just left one day after telling Millie something." I say. "Could he have been telling her, and she turned him down because of Finn?"

"Likely..." He says.

"Hmm."

-

"Hey guys this-"

"PUDDING!" Gaten says, running up, snatching the pudding from my hands. We all laugh as he rips open the box and pulls out a pudding cup.

"Anyways... This is Wyatt. He goes here and I ran into him at the store and I was wondering if he could chill with us today?"

"Sure! I love new people!" Millie says, smiling. The rest of them nod.

"Here, you can sit with me in between the beds." I say, going to sit down.

"Anyone wanna play fortnite?" Finn asks.

"Oh my gosh nooooo! Fortnite is literally taking over the earthhhh." Millie whines.

"Exactly. It is fricken awesome, so of course it is." Noah argues.

"Agreed." Gaten says.

"Let's play." Finn says, throwing remotes to Noah and Gaten. "Wyatt? Jack? Wanna play?"

"I'm good. Thanks." Wyatt smiles.

"Same." I say.

"Okay, suit yourselves." Finn says, turning his body towards the TV. Wyatt and I look at each other and smile. Ugh, his smile is really cute. I think I'm gay... We just silently laugh, and blush.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This was more of a filler chapter, so sorry that it was short. But how do you guys feel about Jack and Wyatt???

Please go check out "Unconditionally" because I'm super excited for it, and I really like it, so it would be great if you guys checked it out. Also, thank you guys so much for 400 reads! Wow! <3