Chapter 15 - Burn

Okay, i think i've thought of a kinda schedule. Since school is starting up again, im gonna have homework and stuff, which prohibits me to write as much, so im gonna try my best to update on saturdays and sundays. Sometimes i might give you a surprise update on days i dont have homework so we'll see. Also, please comment your ideas for this book because i'm running out of ideas, and i need more! anyway, enjoy :)

-

Millie's POV

I wake up with Finn's arms around me. He's asleep so I slowly move out of his warm grasp.I look at the clock and it says 11:45. Dang it! Why didn't my alarm go off!? It is freezing cold seeing as how it's late December. Christmas is in 5 days. A lot of the students are going home to their parents, but the majority of the group's parents live here, so they just go visit them on Christmas.

I go to the kitchen and make some breakfast. I grab a bowl, and a packet of oatmeal from the cupboard. I pour the packet of oatmeal into the bowl, and go over to the sink to fill it with some hot water. I begin to fill it up, and as I start to turn around I feel hands wrap around my waist and spin my around.

"Ahh!" I scream, as the water spills out of the bowl, splashing onto my arm. "OW OW OW OW OW!!!!" I say, holding my arm where the water splashed.

"Mills are you ok?!" Finn says, obviously scared.

"Yeah I think I'm fine." I say, sucking in a sharp breath. "Ouch, it just really hurts."

"Let me see." Finn says, taking his hand, removing mine from my arm, revealing a bright red splotch. "Millie, this doesn't look ok."

"Finn, it was just hot water. It can't be that bad."

"When I was 8 I got hot water splashed on me and it turned out to be a 2nd degree burn, so it could be that bad." He explains.

"Well what do you wanna do? Just go to the doctor and tell them I need to see a consultant because I burnt my arm with water?" I say.

"Yes. I don't want you to possibly risk something. Come on, let's go to the doctor."

"Finn no it's fine, i do-"

"No, Millie. I'm taking you to the doctor and we are gonna see if you are ok." Finn says. I just nod, because I know when Finn is serious about something and he really seems worried, so I just get dressed and we leave.

-

"Millie Brown." I tell the woman at the front desk.

"Alright. Birthday?"

"February 19, 2001." I say.

"Ok. You can go have a seat right over there. The doctor will be out in a bit." She smiles. We walk over to the chairs and just sit there for a bit.

"Millie Brown?" A woman calls from the door. We stand up and head into a room.

"Alright, what's goin' on?" She asks.

"Today I was making myself some oatmeal, and when I was putting the hot water into the bowl, this loser spun me around and made me spill on myself." I say, smiling, nudging Finn.

"Is this young man your brother?" She asks, making me and Finn both laugh a little.

"No, boyfriend."

"Oh, ok that makes more sense." She laughs. "You two are cute."

"Thanks." I say.

"So you were making oatmeal, and the water spilled on you, so you came to the doctor for that?" She asks.