Chapter 3 - New Friends

Millie POV

Today is the day. I guess I'm leaving for Ohio today. I don't wanna leave my friends, but my mom at the moment, I don't mind.

"Bye Ava! I'm gonna miss you sooo much! I will facetime you all the time, and I will see you at Christmas ok?" I say.

"Millie, don't go!" She says crying.

"I'm sorry, but mommy is making me go!" I say, flashing mom a quick side eye. I give Ava one last hug and wipe her tears away. "Hey it's ok. I love you. I will see you at Christmas. I will facetime you when I land." That brings a smile to her face.

"Bye, mom." I say hugging her bye. "Just because I'm hugging you, doesn't mean I'm not angry with you." I whisper. She nods.

"Bye sweetie."

"BYE MILLIE!" Ava yells, running up and hugging my leg.

"Bye guys." I say, walking out of the house and getting into my car, driving to Sadie's house.

-

"BYE GUYS I'M GONNA MISS YOU SO MUCH!" I say, sobbing.

"WE ARE GONNA MISS YOU TOO!" Sadie sobs.

"I can't believe you are actually leaving." Caleb says.

"I know." I respond.

"WAIT GUYS! LET'S GET A PICTURE BEFORE MILLIE GOES!" We all nod in agreement and take the picture. We look at the picture and laugh. All of our faces are as read as a tomato and our eyes are puffy and red too from crying.

"Okay guys I have to go... My flight leaves in 4 hours." I say, beginning to cry again.

"But 4 hours is enough right?!" Sadie asks.

"The airport is super backed up today, and I need to get lunch on the way there, so not really." I say, sniffling.

"Okay... Bye Mills." Caleb says. Suddenly we are all hugging each other as tight as we can, our faces pressing together, we can't even tell which tears are our own.

"BYE I LOVE YOU MILLIE!" Sadie shouts.

"LOVE YOU MILLIE!" Caleb shouts.

"I LOVE YOU GUYS TOO!" I shout back.

I can't believe I'm leaving my best friends for 4 months.

-

"Ticket and boarding pass please?" The ticket attendant says.

"Here you go." I say handing her the ticket, still sniffling. I cried the whole way to the airport.

"Are you ok ma'am?"

"Yeah. I just am being forced to go to a boarding school in Ohio, way far away from my best friends, and I'm a bit upset." I explain. She nods in agreement.

I board the plane and sit down. I'm sitting down next to some bald dude. He's definitely the "fall asleep on your shoulder and drool" type.

-

"Excuse me sir, could you turn your head the other way? You are drooling on my shoulder." I ask. Called it.

"Oh sorry." He says.

I honestly can't wait until I land. I wanna facetime Ava, Caleb, and Sadie. This was one of the most boring plane rides I'd been on. My phone died, so that sucks. I still have 3 more hours left.

"Peanuts?" The flight attendant asks.

"Oh, umm, sure." I say, accepting the bag of peanuts.

I'm getting really bored so I just go to sleep.