Chapter 4 - Attractive

Millie's POV

I wake up, it's the first day of school. I'm a bit nervous, but I'm glad I already have friends. Finn is already awake and in the kitchen making breakfast. He's sitting on his phone whilst eating. Before getting up, I check my phone.

1 notification: tinder

Boy: good luck on your first day of school :)

Girl: thanks :)

I get up and go to the bathroom to brush my teeth. After I brush my teeth, I go out to the kitchen and make some toast.

"Morning, Millie." Finn says in his morning voice.

"Morning." I say rubbing my eyes.

"How did you sleep?" Finn asks.

"Ok. I had another nightmare, but other than that it was fine. I have nightmares about the same thing quite frequently, so its usual for me to not sleep super well..." I reply.

"I'm sorry about that. Are you excited for the first day of school?" He asks.

"Excited is an over statement. I'm a bit nervous. Especially about Iris and Romeo. How Lizzy said that being your room mate may get me bullied more, that kinda worries me." I say. "At least I have a group of friends to be with, so I'm not alone."

"Makes sense. And yeah, I'm glad you have friends too. Being the newbie at Alpine can sometimes be a bit awkward. Everyone is already in their friend groups and you're just alone, but now you have a group of friends already!" He says, smiling.

"Yeah." I say taking a bite of toast. He exits the room and I pull out my phone.

Boy: anything interesting happen at dinner last night?

Girl: no not really

Boy: oh ok

Girl: i have to get ready for school so i gtg bye :)

Boy: bye

I finish eating my toast and go back into the room to get some clothes. I put on the dusty pink shirt and black skirt that Sadie bought me at the mall, then straighten my hair and put on some mascara and lipstick.

-

"Millie, what's your first class?" Lizzy asks me.

"Um... Let me check." I say, pulling out my schedule and looking at it. "Spanish."

"Me too!" She says. "Noah has that class too!"

"Oh good. I will have some friends. I was worried that I was going to know nobody." I say.

"Well, you have us." She says.

"So how long is each class period?" I ask.

"An hour and a half." She continues.

"Ok." I say as we walk into the class. I feel people staring at me left and right. A feeling of relief brushes over me right as I see Noah smiling at me.

"Hey, Mills!" He says. "Is it ok if I call you Mills? I like that name."

"Yeah sure." I say.

Iris enters the room and immediately walks over to me.

"Hey, Millie! How is rooming with Finn?" She asks me, tauntingly.

"Um, fine. He's...nice?" I say, wanting the conversation to be over.

"Leave her alone, Iris. She doesn't want to talk to you." Lizzy says, defending me.

"Yeah, go." Noah continues.